OLCI is just not robust enough

Old Sep 26, 03, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
OLCI is just not robust enough

BA need to consider reintroducing Telephone check-in until OLCI is more stable. I was trying to use it this morning and get this messgae:-

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We are unable to check you in online at present because the booking found from the information provided has not yet been completed by your Travel Agent. Please contact your Travel Agent and quote your booking reference in order for your booking to be completed, once you have done this you will be able to check in on-line.</font>
This is nonsense. My TA is BA because it is a BA Miles booking!!!
Old Sep 26, 03, 2:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Give BA a call and get the number of the web support desk. They will be able to sort out the problem with the booking and let you check in

I agre about beinging back TCI, t'was a great service

Dave
Old Sep 26, 03, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Actually the web support desk are most helpful.

They sorted my problem earlier in the week when they had to waive the 10 phone charge because fare explorer was knackered.
Old Sep 26, 03, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
Phoned the "Help" Desk and there weren't much help! Their first gem was "you can't use OLCI for BA Miles bookings." This is nonsense and I told them so. They then tried "Well, you not supposed to be able to use it, but sometimes it works." They then told me the system had checked me in. I asked why I was still getting the message but they could not give me an explanation.

I was told I had been checked-in to 4D and that the OLCI must be playing up. I don't think I have been checked in but my seat has been allocated by the airport team.

They finished by saying they had a long list of OLCI problems that they were feeding back.

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk
Old Sep 26, 03, 3:24 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
I just tried to check-in for my EDI-LHR tomorrow and the seat map loaded without hyperlinks (ditto on multiple refreshes).

So, FWIW, I can see where I'm sitting but can't change it!
Old Sep 26, 03, 4:03 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
not to mention that fact that the whole process is so slow.. and that irritating 'do not submit more than once' message. URRGH !
Old Sep 26, 03, 4:15 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steady-EDI:
I just tried to check-in for my EDI-LHR tomorrow and the seat map loaded without hyperlinks (ditto on multiple refreshes).

So, FWIW, I can see where I'm sitting but can't change it!
</font>
What flight are you on? I'm on the BA1433 @ 06:30.

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk
Old Sep 26, 03, 4:34 am

I'm going to be at LHR T4 1st lounge tomorrow morning prior to BA283 if there are any regulars going to be there wanting to meet up

Dave
Old Sep 26, 03, 6:03 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
What flight are you on? I'm on the BA1433 @ 06:30.</font>
Hi Gaza - I'm on the BA1439 @ 0905.

I see that the "Change Seat" function within OLCI is currently disabled.
Old Sep 26, 03, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steady-EDI:
I see that the "Change Seat" function within OLCI is currently disabled.</font>
What, even for Golds wanting to change others' seats?
Old Sep 26, 03, 6:23 am

I just used OLCI for a flight tomorrow booked though QF. It all worked perfectly at dead on 24hrs prior to departure and took about 5 minutes to complete

Dave
Old Sep 26, 03, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Hi Gaza - I'm on the BA1439 @ 0905.

I see that the "Change Seat" function within OLCI is currently disabled.
</font>
Looks like we will miss each other.

Although I could not check in for my EDI-LHR I was able to OLCI for my separatley ticketed LHR-IST. I was also able to change seats from 6C to 1A. I've tried again to use OLCI for EDI-LHR but I still get the same message.

------------------
Old Sep 26, 03, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
I'm going to be at LHR T4 1st lounge tomorrow morning prior to BA283 if there are any regulars going to be there wanting to meet up</font>
Dave, is this the first leg of your loooooong (duration) trip? If so, good luck and have a great time!
Old Sep 26, 03, 7:10 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
This is nonsense. My TA is BA because it is a BA Miles booking!!!</font>
Paper or e-ticket? Have you changed dates after issue?
Old Sep 26, 03, 7:14 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
Paper or e-ticket? Have you changed dates after issue?</font>
e-Ticket BA Miles booking made on Wednesday! My LHR-IST flight is a paper ticket that was originally ticketed for April. I have changed it about a dozen times, yet I had no problem using OLCI.

Search this Thread