One World credit for BA Flight

Old Sep 29, 03, 11:56 am
Original Poster

One World credit for BA Flight

I think I just did something really stupid and want to get confirmation ;-)

I flew to Lisbon, Portugal through London on BA and expected I would receive AA mileage for the flight. When I didn't see credit on my AA account, I started reading fine print. Is it true that I just flew an in-eligible flight for Advantage credit and there's absolutely nothing can do at this time? UGH.

Old Sep 29, 03, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your should get the credit on Advantage for the LHR - LIS and return. The US - LHR sectors on BA metal won't earn you anything.

If you really want, you could try and get the flights unregistered from Advantage and transferred to BA. Never tried it myself but it might be possible, and worth it if the fare class wes eligible for points and tiers under the EC rules, and if you are going to have some use for BA miles in the future.
Old Sep 29, 03, 1:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by golden_gate_girl:
I think I just did something really stupid and want to get confirmation ;-)

I flew to Lisbon, Portugal through London on BA and expected I would receive AA mileage for the flight. When I didn't see credit on my AA account, I started reading fine print. Is it true that I just flew an in-eligible flight for Advantage credit and there's absolutely nothing can do at this time? UGH.

</font>
Sorry, no AA credit on BA from the US over the pond.

Search this Thread