Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde flight #004, and availability ...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Concorde flight #004, and availability ...

I'm wondering if flight #004 is the flight number that is assigned to ALL Concorde flights that are NOT JFK-LHR or vice versa?

Could someone post what the flight #'s are for the departure cities, and what availability / likelihood of getting a seat returning from London to North America looks like for each of those routes ?--I'm thinking about giving it another go, b4 she retires.

Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:15 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
BA004 is JFK-LHR on specified days - they put on this extra flight recently due to demand.

AS to avaiulabiltity - LHR-JFK is non-existent. JFK-LHR earlier today has Sep 27 and Sep 29 availability - not sure whether that's still there. Check Galileo and see my last post in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/005077.html

[This message has been edited by alect (edited 09-24-2003).]
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
BA004 is JFK-LHR on specified days - they put on this extra flight recently due to demand.

AS to avaiulabiltity - LHR-JFK is non-existent. JFK-LHR earlier today has Sep 27 and Sep 29 availability - not sure whether that's still there. Check Galileo.
</font>
Pardon, my ignorance, but how do I access "Galileo"?, and do I have to be a travel agent to do so ?, any links / info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by crazy canuck:
Pardon, my ignorance, but how do I access "Galileo"?, and do I have to be a travel agent to do so ?, any links / info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
</font>
If you go to www.seatmap.com enter the date, BA for airline, and JFK/LHR for dep/arr cities and click on Galileo data - it will give you the availbility of all flight and classes including BA002/4 where applicable

Old Sep 26, 2003, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Back in the old days when there were 2 daily return Concorde flights LHR/JFK, BA1 and BA3 were outbound (LHR-JFK), with BA3 leaving LHR at 19:00

BA2/BA4 were the return flights. BA2 used to get in at 17:25 and BA4 was the late arrival at about 22:25.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
If you go to www.seatmap.com enter the date, BA for airline, and JFK/LHR for dep/arr cities and click on Galileo data - it will give you the availbility of all flight and classes including BA002/4 where applicable

</font>
I tried it..and it's in German--is there an English version?

also it delivers a bunch of info (similar to what appears on a travel agent screen)- is there a key to translating it ?
Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2003, 12:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by crazy canuck:
I tried it..and it's in German--is there an English version?

also it delivers a bunch of info (similar to what appears on a travel agent screen)- is there a key to translating it ?
Thanks
</font>

Basically for each flight it returns the fare code buckets and for each one the availbility (in a numeral) -eg. A9 means at least 9 discount F seats available.

On Concorde, R (and others) are the fare codes. If you see any numbers next to any codes (other than 0) that means there is availbility for that flight.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
BA 4 runs on Thu and Fri only till 16Oct showing as the last day it will be flown.

Availability even in R class is showing zero on that day now. Award seats? Forget it.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 9:02 pm

I am fairly sure that the BA 4 flights in October are the "extra" planes from the US farewell tours (Dulles and Boston) after beign ferried to JFK they will fly back to LHR as BA4.

Due correct me if I am wrong but I feel pretty confident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.