Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Titlle Tattle from the Galley

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2003, 5:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Titlle Tattle from the Galley

I was asked on a recent three day to Africa to take one of the skyflyer passports to the Capt for signing. Being nosy, I looked at this (I wondered where the children were as the gentlemen were alone in F). The picture showed a bear. The name I cannot was Bubbles. Bubbles the Bear is allegedly EXP with American so he can upgrade presumably. Now (no this is not a wind up) the "passenger" was not on the manifest and he did not take up a seat, so I cannot say whether he earned any points or miles, but when I went back down - correction - I nearly fell down the stairs, the F Purser assured my that Bubbles was indeed ensconsed in F and was referred to on the basis of

"What would [i[you[/i] like to drink Bubbles?"

Pax 1 "He'll have the Champagne (it was Piper that day) please"

FP (lovely chap and well up to all this) "I am sorry we are not allowed to serve minors"

"Bubbles (says the other one) did you hear that? No Champagne for you!"

Pax 1 "He'll sulk"

FP " Oh we cannot have that...do you promise to be discrete?"

Pax 1 "Yes, he'll be ever so good. Imagaine if Bubbles got tipsy"

FP "Would the girls not be safe?"

Pax 1 " Not the Girls who'd have to worry Dear! You know his tune? "I'm for ever blowing Bubbles!""

Pax 2 " No he's been wrapped up in plastic keeping him safe from all those nasty fleas and flies, so he needs a little drink, don't you Bubbles"

How the FP got back without dropping everything, he will never know.

Now, there is a sensible question here. How many of you own up to travelling with a teddy or any other mascot. Would Bubbles be allowed to earn points and miles if he had his own seat (we noticed that their Majesties had not gone that far with us.)

Hope that you do not mind another Tale from the Front", only I know that some of you relish hearing about the barmier elements who fly with us. Suffice to say that Hinge and Bracket (from NY), are welcome any time with or without Bubbles as they were simply adorable.

Old Sep 6, 2003, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
Now, there is a sensible question here. How many of you own up to travelling with a teddy or any other mascot. Would Bubbles be allowed to earn points and miles if he had his own seat (we noticed that their Majesties had not gone that far with us.)</font>
I have been known to travel with a pink Steiff hippo named Hyacinth, but she travels on my lap and, though she loves to steal slurps of Champagne from my glass, sadly she receives no points or miles.

Marlowe, my dog, must travel in the hold.

I have it on very good authority that Tom Ford's late Jack Russell Terrier always had his own paid seat on Concorde and was enrolled in Fréquence Plus ...

Mille bisous à Puc's!!! xoxoxo

[This message has been edited by blairvanhorn (edited 09-06-2003).]
Old Sep 6, 2003, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
... Hope that you do not mind another Tale from the Front", only I know that some of you relish hearing about the barmier elements who fly with us ...

</font>
Welcome back from your break, PUCCI GALORE, and please continue to regale us with your tales .
Old Sep 6, 2003, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you both!

BiBi, mon grand Cheri, do you think that Bubbles is posting here yet, or is he over on Tarom with Hyacinth (I love it!).

Bisous
Old Sep 7, 2003, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Surely fgbdavidson has something to contribute here about his Teletubbies?
Old Sep 7, 2003, 4:05 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Well FlyerTalks Freddie Jr. flew with me on BA001 this summer, but he was very discreet drinking his Piper
Old Sep 7, 2003, 5:08 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
my old job meant a lot of EMEA and Global Traffic. - whenever i flew somewhere new i would always take panda with me - usually to get a photo of him in interesting places
Old Sep 7, 2003, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I've a small Penguin who has travelled most places with me over the last couple of years. The main problem I find is that his once white belly is now a very dodgy shade of grey/yellow.....

He gets his first taste of NCW next month, so will be interesting to see how he thinks it shapes up against the competition.

Does anyone have any hot tips on how to keep their small friends clean on their travels (and don't anyone suggest anything so cruel as putting them in a plastic bag!)
Old Sep 7, 2003, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Does Penguin have a name? Does he have his own skyflyers jet log (£1 from duty free trolley)? I would clean his tummy with a little washing up liquid applied with a flannel make sure that you rub him with a clean flannel to get the stuff off, or he'll get very dirty very quickly. Do not put him under the tap..

Jongar, does Panda have a name?

Old Sep 7, 2003, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
The Penguin's called Pete, but the P's silent, so it's pronounced "eat the penguin"....

Will pick him up a skyflyers log book on Friday - already have a photo of him that we took in Ireland last summer, so will just cut that down & paste it in!
Old Sep 7, 2003, 12:39 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I just have Mr GK and yes he is enrolled in all the schemes..
Old Sep 8, 2003, 2:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GK:
I just have Mr GK and yes he is enrolled in all the schemes..</font>
But the real question is how do you keep him clean when travelling?
Old Sep 8, 2003, 3:03 am

Location: I have embarrasingly little status but my wife thinks I am great
My bear (who is rather unimaginatively called Roosevelt) comes on all of our holiday trips. He is not enrolled in any FF programmes but he travels in a very expensive leather bag purchased by my wife for this exact purpose. This we consider the best way to keep him clean. He doesn't come out during the flights as he has a poor opinion of the sort of people who fly in the back and of airline food and drink generally.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 5:40 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
"Lenny" goes everywhere with Sheena. This was him enjoying The Langham Hilton a couple of weeks ago.

He will be with her in FIRST on BA109 to DXB on 18th October and in CW on BA109 back to LHR on 25th October. She needs him to keep her company as I will be in CW on the Outbound and FIRST on the way back!

I think I will buy hima Skyflyers log book so we can record his travels, although I think he would rather have Pucci's signature rather than the Captains!

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Gaza (edited 09-08-2003).]
Old Sep 8, 2003, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Gaza, Beloved!

He is marginally prettier than you.

Suppose you find that Sheena is happier with Lenny than with you? How will you deal with being supplanted by a big blue ? (Lion? Dog?)

Don't forget to make sure that you have a pic that will fit inthe Skylog? Is he earning points or miles? Remember now I have seen Lenny, if your skylog comes my way you will not be sitting apart if that suits Sheena? She's a teacher isn't she? What a wheeze, travels with Lenny. It would be a bit like the garden Gnome in the film "Amelie".

Kovy! I quite understand Rooslevelt turning his snout up at flying in WT. Who wouldn't given the choice? What's wrong with Rooselvelt? Bubbles Bear is hardly orignal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.