Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde awards available now (Sept. 19th 1:50pm EST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde awards available now (Sept. 19th 1:50pm EST)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:10 pm

Just flipped my BA4 Oct 3rd to BA2 Oct 4th. Thanks for the tip on availability.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Got 'em!

BA2 on 10OCT!

Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2003, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by f4free:
Just in case somebody would be willing to take me along trading BA miles for KLM miles or Swiss miles ... PLEASE let me know. </font>
YGM

Old Sep 21, 2003, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
it is a life changing experience. </font>
It is? The only thing that changed after I flew Concorde was that I had flown Concorde.

Old Sep 21, 2003, 5:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mizzou miles:
Got 'em!

BA2 on 10OCT!

Thanks
</font>
Congrats- yesterday afternoon, there were at least 7 seats left on that flight (according to QF); tonight, 0.

I have enough miles to fly it again, and a friend of mine is looking to join me if I go. So, if anyone has a spare 100K BA miles for a o/w ticket, please drop me an e-mail. Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2003, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jspear:
I got it! I got it! Two seats on BA4 Oct. 3rd. Just confirmed using QF miles. Thank you all.</font>
jspear - please enlighten me - I have QF miles - and checked for BA inventory - but when I called QF asking for the appopriate flight was told that the Concord fights no longer even show up to Qantas agents in first inventory - if this is true how did you book the Concord with QF miles?

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 2:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
Sorry, LondonElite, I should have been more specific with my choice of words.

I meant to say whatever is normally available for paxs to take (Concorde in flight magazines, etc). That is what I took when I flew The Bird last year...anything that the Concorde Lounge staff and Concorde Crew allowed me to take (because I checked with them first).
</font>
I don't mean to sound like the shoplifting police for BA but, as you can tell, I got pretty ticked off a few months ago when someone boasted about the great Concorde robbery...pillows, blankets, s&p shakers, emergency cards, etc etc etc.

It's tacky and ruins the experience for others.

QF, didn't mean to jump on you. fbddavidson brought up the name of the plunderer, so if you want to do a search, you'll see what I mean!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 2:38 am

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wanaflyforless:
jspear - please enlighten me - I have QF miles - and checked for BA inventory - but when I called QF asking for the appopriate flight was told that the Concord fights no longer even show up to Qantas agents in first inventory - if this is true how did you book the Concord with QF miles?

Thanks!
</font>
It wasn't easy. I probably spoke with six different reps. on four different calls over the course of a few days. Apparently all CSRs received a memo after the retirement announcement that BA would no longer be releasing Concorde seats to QF for award bookings. And by all accounts that was the case until very recently. As others on this board can attest, Z class availability has been showing up here and there for Concorde. My advice is to call and immediately ask for a supervisor, tell her you have a friend at BA who has told you that there is still some Z space available and would you please check for availability on BA2, 4 whatever on such-and-such a date.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 3:03 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonElite:
so if you want to do a search, you'll see what I mean!</font>
Save you the bother :-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum.../003983-2.html

Old Sep 22, 2003, 3:37 am
Suspended

Thank you!

Glad to see the evidence was saved for future use!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 4:20 am

What a bummer. Called Qantas - seats were available for 25/9 BA2. By the time this slow res-agent had it processed, it was gone.

I'll just keep trying. Whish me luck!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 4:37 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I've got to ask the obvious question here:

Why are BA selling award seats when they show R0 AC EC in a CRS?

I checked; and BA would sell me seats for 100000 miles on more days than a travel agent (or indeed BA Reservations themselves) would for money in R Class.

I think it is noble that BA offer as much Z inventory as R inventory - that rewards frequent flyers (or those who are very big fans of Inside Flyer magazine). I think it goes too far when award availability is greater than paid.

I for one know someone who would have bought an A ticket on BA 1 next week, had there been seats. I think it's odd of BA not to sell seats to willing, paying when they are obviously available.

Regards,
Alex
Old Sep 22, 2003, 4:42 am

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by f4free:
[B]What a bummer. Called Qantas - seats were available for 25/9 BA2. By the time this slow res-agent had it processed, it was gone.
B]</font>
BA is still showing availability for BA0002 on 3 and 4 October and BA0004 in 3 October.

Booked mine for 16 October.

Old Sep 22, 2003, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alexwuk:
I've got to ask the obvious question here:

Why are BA selling award seats when they show R0 AC EC in a CRS?
</font>
Are you looking in that German site with access to Galileo? I can see a lot of sense in BA not wanting to make SSC seats openly available in any market other than UK and US - possibly Oz, too, given the success some people have had with availability from QF FF.

And R0 simply means that BA won't confirm the seat automatically in that market. They will probably still take a WL request and then decide manually whether to confirm it.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 6:02 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Globaliser:
And R0 simply means that BA won't confirm the seat automatically in that market. They will probably still take a WL request and then decide manually whether to confirm it.</font>
I think that's correct. Once they close the waitlist for R, you would see RC. That will then pretty much be the final call for that flight, given the R class ticket rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.