Wishlist letter to BA Customer Service

Old Sep 20, 03, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wishlist letter to BA Customer Service

Perhaps it's time we all wrote a letter to BA customer service with some simple requests:

1) DECENT seat maps online with all current configurations

2) An updated and comprehensive lounge guide with locations, opening hours amenities and entry eligibility

3) Cellphone infomation service with SMS alerts on delays etc...

What else?

I'm not looking for complaints about the new mileage rules etc... just some improvements for us that will be easy to implement.
Old Sep 21, 03, 4:19 am

If they could sort out their booking engine so I can book connecting fights from EDI at a reasonable price it would be useful (particularly problematic for WT+ itinerarys)

e.g. LHR-SFO-LHR in WT+ recently 600ish. Try to do EDI-LHR-SFO-LHR-EDI it goes up to over a grand!

Also....cheaper WT+ tickets to NRT (Personal one I know but I can't afford 1200 each but I DO want to sample the Japanese culture on the ski slopes there!!! It's even 800 odd quid in 3rd WT)

[This message has been edited by matthewuk (edited 09-21-2003).]
Old Sep 21, 03, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Being able to book by fare code per sector online - rather than Flexible or lowest. Or at least introduce a new category - semi-flexible.
Old Sep 21, 03, 4:28 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Probably not in the 'easy to implement' category, but...

OLCI for multiple pax.
Old Sep 21, 03, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The ability to select seats on line at the time of booking - it can't be THAT difficult to implement given a number of web booking agencies and other airlines offer it.

From an EC point of view - tracking what promotions you are registered for and how you are progressing with it.

And another vote for the lounge guide and multiple pax OLCI.
Old Sep 21, 03, 4:48 am

Also, probably also outside 'easy to implement' due to external factors but...

Booking flights online originating outside your country of residence.

Using changed flexible e-tickets without visiting the ticket desk at the airport before departure.

Changing flexible e-tickets online.

I don't know anyone who does the latter, though.
Old Sep 21, 03, 5:13 am
dnw

Email confirmation that you have 'registered' sucessfully for a targetted promotion.
Old Sep 21, 03, 5:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Changing flexible e-tickets online.

</font>
Never used this service myself, but I believe Easyjet (spit!) now offer the facility to change tickets online.

From their website:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
change or view your bookings online!
easyJet.com membership also enables you to take advantage of exciting new features on easyJet.com. You can make changes to your bookings online, 24 hours a day. This allows you to change passenger names and alter itinerary details - and take advantage of a discount on the usual change fees (10 online per passenger per flight; 15 through our call centre).

You can also look up your booking online, free of charge. Check your flight number, departure or arrival times, booking reference number or request a replacement confirmation email at any time before your flight.
</font>
Fair enough, compared to BA they have a much simpler operating model (fare rules; point to point ticketing etc), but if BA could do something similar it would be an absolute god send!
Old Sep 21, 03, 6:07 am

Programs: "Only" 60,000 TPs until GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stut:
Using changed flexible e-tickets without visiting the ticket desk at the airport before departure.

Changing flexible e-tickets online.

</font>
Lufthansa let you rebook fully flexible LH tickets online on the web, provided your FF number is in the booking. This can even be done with paper tickets issued by a TA (as long as they used Amadeus).

Regards,
Alex

Old Sep 21, 03, 6:09 am

OK... Now I do know someone who does this

So, BA - join in!
Old Sep 21, 03, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Excellent ideas folks, I'll let others join in for a few days then I'll draft a letter, will put it online for us to read then we can pop it off to the folks at BA.
Old Sep 21, 03, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by matthewuk:
If they could sort out their booking engine so I can book connecting fights from EDI at a reasonable price it would be useful (particularly problematic for WT+ itinerarys)
</font>
I think this is a generic problem with online booking engines. I tried to book my girlfriend with UA or AA from Norfolk, VA to LHR. Since she had to go via ORD it was going to cost 1200 in Y
Old Sep 22, 03, 2:23 am

1. Let us see the booking class when making an online reservation (and better: let us choose another booking class!). The old German booking engine had this feature, but now its gone with the fare explorer.

2. Let us book "real" multi-city trips online (not "I want return to another city")!

3. A real working OLCI!

Old Sep 22, 03, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Or even just single open jaw at destination, please.
Old Sep 22, 03, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
from a personal point of view I liked the feature of requiring 600 tier points to get Silver and 400 to retain.

I am about touch and go on Silver at 600points. Admittedly this did mean 500 pointers like me would spend that bit more to get Silver one year and then just sit back and relax with Silver

Search this Thread
Search Engine: