Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any bets on which aircraft will operate the final Concorde flight?

Old Sep 22, 03, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others

If I recall correctly, BA said that the final Supersonice service will be BA2 JFK-LHR on 25 October.

Any bets on which aircraft it will be?

Basically 5 to choose from:

BOAC
BOAD
BOAE
BOAF
BOAG
Old Sep 22, 03, 7:50 am

BOAC likely as its seen as their 'flagship' having the letters of the old corporation.

Having said that, if they are doing farewells on the last day, the scheduled flight might not be the 'last' as happened on Air France

Old Sep 22, 03, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect they will use whichever one the engineers feel is less likely to break down halfway over the ocean... The last thing BA needs is an early landing in Shannon with a plane full of celebs...
Old Sep 22, 03, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it is working, I would guess on G-BOAC being used for the final flight. Is there a flight after the last commercially sold one?

Dave
Old Sep 22, 03, 8:34 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Am I correct in saying that F is the only one that has been refitted...? If so, my guess will be F...

Then again, it may simply be whichever one that is around and least likely to break...
Old Sep 22, 03, 8:46 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Leumas:
Am I correct in saying that F is the only one that has been refitted...? If so, my guess will be F...</font>
If you are referring to the much hyped new interiors and washrooms, they never made it into any of the actual aircraft. The only thing that changed in the end were the seats.
Old Sep 22, 03, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Leumas:
Am I correct in saying that F is the only one that has been refitted...? If so, my guess will be F...

Then again, it may simply be whichever one that is around and least likely to break...
</font>
If you mean interiors, I think only the seats ever got done. If you mean kevlar linings on the tanks then all of the above five were refitted.
Old Sep 22, 03, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I would say BOAC as it is regarded as the flagship

Also agree with others on most reliable, its not as if the press / general public know that BOAC is the flagship though they will know if one goes U/S

Search this Thread