Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis & BA Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Tesco Blue
I did have a problem at Oakland Airport earlier this year getting the free upgrade. Perhaps the rudest counter clerk I have ever encountered told me that everyone with a frequent flyer card tries it on and insisted that upgrades could only happen with an associated "Q-pon", whatever one of those may be

After speaking to the manager, they did upgrade the car, but I was told that they would check and if I was found to be not telling the truth, I'd get charged the upgraded rate!

Advice therefore is to take a printout of the benefits page from the avisba.com website just in case.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I did notice the free upgrade listed as a benefit, although with the asterisked caveat I thought it was more of a courteous thing....as it happened I was on the highest class of car for my age range so probably would have incurred some daft charges if anything to get a better car.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had endless problems getting miles to post. I'm sure part of it is my fault for renting in places like Tonga and Oman but I get mightly pissed off having to remember to chase. Even some UK stations present problems.

FWIW, the only station I have found where the miles always post and the upgrade is always honoured is the Mayfair/Balderton Street branch. Excellent staff too!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Avis - BA v Tesco

Brother in law is looking at car hire in USA for three weeks. Have got the same price of £400 inc all insurances using both the BA and Tesco partner links. He was gonna jump in and go for the BA one but I think I am right that the Tesco deal is better as he would get nearly 1,000 miles (once converted through Tesco clubcard points) than the 500 direct with BA. He's a BA Blue.

Can anyone confirm - thought it might be easier getting Teco points as Avis never seem to post via BA
Old Nov 15, 2005, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Yup, for £400 you're better off going via Tesco, unless you've got an Avis bonus miles coupon to use up.

However, I'm not sure that Avis are any more likely to post to Tesco than BA. Note that if miles or points do not post you can go to the main avis.co.uk website and click on 'Missing Miles' which gets Avis directly on the case, as opposed to complaining to BAEC which takes far longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.