Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 Laptop powerpoints

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2003, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
777 Laptop powerpoints

I will be flying down to the Caribbean on a 2 class 777 service which has 3 classes of cabin. Although only rows 10 - 17 show as Club, they sometimes also use the unusued 1st class cabin (rows 1-4) for Club also.

Does anyone have practical experience of what powerports are available in each of the two cabins and what sort of power adapters are needed for each ?

There is a note in 'Shopping the World' against the power adapter sold by BA that says "Please note: not suitable for use in 777 Club cabins." Does anyone know why this is and does this mean it would work in the front cabin ?
Old Sep 16, 2003, 7:14 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
FF99 This has been talked about a lot in the past. Do a search for TARGUS.

CT
Old Sep 16, 2003, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:
FF99 This has been talked about a lot in the past. Do a search for TARGUS.

CT
</font>

Thanks CT-UK. I have searched and there are two other threads which are relevant but do not directly address the main question posed above: namely are threre actually powerports in the two cabins ? I do not recollect seeing them on previous flights, but it may be because I did not know exactly what I was looking for.

I have now checked the Targus site and they dont seem to do an adapter for a Sony Vaio FX series. Any other suggestions ??

[This message has been edited by Frequentflyer99 (edited 09-16-2003).]
Old Sep 16, 2003, 7:32 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Sorry FF99,

The old CW and old F cabins will not have laptop power ports.

For future ref LIND also do good adaptors, ask DNW I gave him one
Old Sep 16, 2003, 4:34 pm
dnw

...and I still owe you a pint or three for it!

I forget the name, but the adaptors they lend you in FIRST basically just have a US style socket on them so you can plug in with any laptop, this might be worth looking for if you cant find one for a specific laptop type... the downside being you have the adaptor box with the transformer in addition to your own laptops power supply... bit of an overdose on boxes and leads... ok when you've got all the side space in F but god help you in NCW...

The LIND one is great, one box and plugs straight into my DELL!

P.S. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou CT!

[This message has been edited by dnw (edited 09-16-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.