Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

View my bookings on EC account....Flight Cabin is blank

Old Sep 14, 03, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)

I've just booked a trip in CW using MFU and in the 'View my Bookings' section of the reservation in my EC account the

Flight Cabin:

is blank

In all my previous online bookings (no MFU / award) just straight cash the cabin has been printed in this field

Although in the automated email I got sent it says the Flight Cabin is Club World

Old Sep 14, 03, 5:17 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
It happens from time to time, I wouldn't worry.

You should see the Budapest flights, it gets horribly confused, bless it. First off, because it's a 767, it reckon's it's CW. Then it goes "but that can't be!" and switches to Economy. But come the day, and it eventually figures out it's plain old CE.
Old Sep 14, 03, 5:25 pm

I have just made a booking with upgrade with miles (LHR-DEN) and the same has happened to my booking.

I am not too worried because, like you, I have the email confirmation (and a screen dump of the online confirmation) that the booking is in Club World...

Boo
Old Sep 14, 03, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Count me in the same boat. No worries.
Old Sep 15, 03, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Try looking up the reservation on www.checkmytrip.com

It usually shows the correct class and also shows seat allocation which also often does not show up online on the BA system.
Old Sep 15, 03, 3:35 am
dnw

As said, it happens alot... if you want some reasurrance put your locator into www.checkmytrip.com and check that the seating allocation is in the cabin you are expecting... (checkmytrip tends to show the wrong cabin for awards but the seat allocation is always correct)
Old Sep 15, 03, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Pleb
Also, www.checkmytrip.com doesn't recognise World Traveller Plus, and will show cabin as "Coach". However, as above, if you have seat allocations, they will show up on the correct seat plan.
Old Sep 15, 03, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
I guess you're sitting on the wing (or in the hold for guide dogs)
Old Sep 15, 03, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
As said, it happens alot... if you want some reasurrance put your locator into www.checkmytrip.com and check that the seating allocation is in the cabin you are expecting... (checkmytrip tends to show the wrong cabin for awards but the seat allocation is always correct)</font>
I went to www.checkmytrip.com and while it said I was in Coach the seat allocation was 13A, soon to be changed to Upper Deck once I get my finger out and call the Exec Club Aquamarine line and get them changed to upper deck. Though I have heard that only row 61 is available to award passengers.

Old Sep 15, 03, 4:51 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Not so, I got 64A on OLCI on a JFK-LHR award flight, no problems.

(and a very nice seat it is, too...)
Old Sep 15, 03, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stut:

</font>
I am going to phone EC tomorrow and sort it out, so I can get upper deck, hopefully a window seat in row 62 (62A/62K are may favourite ) or row 64. I'll let you know how I get on
Old Sep 15, 03, 7:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
I've just booked a trip in CW using MFU and in the 'View my Bookings' section of the reservation in my EC account the

Flight Cabin:

is blank
</font>
I too have the same and also Checkmytrip.com didn't show a seat at all for my outbound next weekend, so I rang EC and the booking is correct so I'm happy.

I'll use OLCI and get upper deck I hope, but truth is with NCW I'm not too fussed where I go.

Cheers, Richard
Old Sep 15, 03, 10:45 pm

The problem happens because when you do a MFU, your storing the fare in one cabin but booking someone in the next cabin above. As long as your have a seat assignment in the cabin that you should be in, then your all set. The system sees that your booked in a cabin at a fare that does not exist in that cabin. Conflicting info.

[This message has been edited by BRITISH AIRWAYS USA (edited 09-15-2003).]
Old Sep 16, 03, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stut:

</font>
shoot, after spending 2hours on and off realising I was trying to phone the Exec Club on an 0845 number I got through on 0870 and then on the Upper Deck the only seats they could give me were 60J, both ways

This did concur with what [url=http://www.seatexpert.com/BA747_38.HTML]Seatexpert.com[url] warned me of, that award tickets only got row 60/61. Never mind hopefully I will secure a better seat when OLCI comes round

[This message has been edited by fbgdavidson (edited 09-17-2003).]
Old Sep 16, 03, 5:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
I got through on 0870 and then on the Upper Deck the only seats they could give me were 60J, both ways

This did concur with what seatexpert.com warned me of, that award tickets only got row 60/61.
</font>
That's simply not true. Revenue pax do not have extra seats to pick from. If your booked in Club World (revenue or award), your have access to the same seats. Of the 5 rows in Club on the upperdeck, only 3 of those rows can be pre-assigned. The rest are kept back for airport check in.

British Airways does not give you a better seat if you are a revenue passenger. It's just a matter of who gets to it first.

Search this Thread