Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's BAe 146's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HiltonHHonors Gold, Hertz PC (thru DL)
BA's BAe 146's

Dear All,

Please forgive the somewhat naive question, but I'm flying tomorrow MAN-DUS on a BAe146 and was surpised using OLCI earlier to discover that the aircraft was only 5-abreast. Is this correct? I was under the impression that these a/c were 3x3 in Traveller, as opposed to the 2x3 presented to me this morning?

Also, does anyone know which rows to avoid under the wings? I'd like to avoid loosing the view and overhead bin space! I'm afraid I don't know which version I'm on.

Thanks for any replies,

Phil.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
All the 146s and the Avro RJ100s I have been on have been 3x3 in traveller and 3x2 in Club Europe.

The thing to watch out for is that unlike the 737s, 757s and Airbuses where the seat conversion makes the best seats in Club AC, on these planes you want DF.

There are some 146s in the UK that are often wet leased (Titan is one I think) where they are actually 5 abreast as standard - perhaps it is one of these?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HiltonHHonors Gold, Hertz PC (thru DL)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
All the 146s and the Avro RJ100s I have been on have been 3x3 in traveller and 3x2 in Club Europe.

The thing to watch out for is that unlike the 737s, 757s and Airbuses where the seat conversion makes the best seats in Club AC, on these planes you want DF.

There are some 146s in the UK that are often wet leased (Titan is one I think) where they are actually 5 abreast as standard - perhaps it is one of these?
</font>
edi-traveller:

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking this might be an odd-ball a/c as according to seatmap.com, the Club cabin on this flight (and my return on monday) is AC-DEF.

Intersting. Whatever it turns out to be, at least it's something a little different for a change! I've not been on a 146 for ages!

Phil.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.