Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Molton Spa questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2003, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
LHR Molton Spa questions

I'm making my first BA First trip in a couple of weeks and have a couple of questions. I'm traveling SFO-LHR-JNB in FC. Two LONG hauls in a row.

1. What is the "small gym" like in the arrivals lounge? Is there any gym in the Concorde or 1st lounges?

2. If I have a 3.5 hour transit time, is that plenty of time to use the gym in the arrivals lounge and get back through customs to catch my flight?

3. Are the spa treatments at the Molton Spa still first come first served?

Thanks in advance for your help. I usually take CX to South Africa but wanted to try Concorde on the way home so BA was my choice this time.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 5:38 pm

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
1: Only ever seen the gym in arrivals from teh corner of my eye. From what I can remember it just maybe a running machine, stepper and rower. V simple. I don't think there is one in the Concorde or 1st Lounges but as you've probably gathered, I don't really work out at the airport!

2: Plenty. I assume your bags will be checked through to JNB and you'll have your onward boarding pass, and that all your flights are on BA (no terminal change). In that case you could be in the lounge within 20 mins of landing.

3: Yes, no exceptions. If I were you, I'd go there first, book your treatment, then go back out to the arrivals lounge.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whmere:
3: Yes, no exceptions. If I were you, I'd go there first, book your treatment, then go back out to the arrivals lounge.</font>
Great suggestions. Make your 30 minute spa appointment asap upon landing (actually a 20 minute real treatment).

3.5 hours is perfect to relax and do everything.

The Concorde Lounge is for eating and drinking and not working out.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK the Gym in the T4 arrivals lounge has been closed for the past few months now.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Winter cleaning!

Last edited by CharlesMD; Jan 23, 2005 at 9:03 pm
Old Feb 14, 2003, 4:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CharlesMD:
I thought there was a MB spa in the arrivals lounge.</font>

There is indeed...inside the Combiz room (on the LH side after you walk up the main flight of stairs from reception). I don't think that the range of services are as comprehensive as inside the Departure lounge spa. From memory only a facial, hand or feet massage are available.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 6:25 am
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
AFAIK the Gym in the T4 arrivals lounge has been closed for the past few months now.</font>
I'm here right now, and can confirm that it is in fact closed.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Enjoy your journey. I have done the NAmerica to SAfrica jaunt twice in First, and enjoyed the transit at LHR because of the MB Spa(s) and other comforts. Next week I shall be slumming it in the back cabin, but at least will have access to the Terraces or ExecClub Lounges with my oneworld Sapphire status.

Do book an appointment when you get to the Arrivals Lounge, then have a bite to eat and a nice light massage. You can get a fuller range of treatments when you get to the Departures Lounge area back airside, but should also book your session as soon as you arrive to ensure getting a good rub down, shower, etc.

I generally have at least half a day in London before my connecting onward CPT or JNB flight, so head into the city after using the Arrivals Lounge. Next week I will be doing the same, but also need to make it down to Harvey Nicchols to purchase some Moulton Brown shampoo and shower gel. Just can't find it anywhere in Canada.

Does anyone know if the main Spa at T4 actually sells their products? I have seen it advertised that some items are available at the WORLD Duty Free shops, but have yet to find any on the shelves.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
SH

You can buy Molton Brown stuff in the World Duty Free shops. I've bought some at T4 and T3 so I know it's there. If you're heading into town anyway, there's a MB shop on the King's Road (near the Old Town Hall) as well as (obviously) Harrods and HNicks.

If you want to meet for a beer when you're in town send me an email
Old Feb 14, 2003, 8:36 am

For reference, there's also an MB shop at Covent Garden.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 8:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:

Just can't find it anywhere in Canada.
</font>

http://www.luxbeauty.com/shopMoltonB...lton_brown.htm

Isn't google great! "Molton Brown" Canada

[This message has been edited by CTEASDEL (edited 02-14-2003).]
Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:

Does anyone know if the main Spa at T4 actually sells their products? I have seen it advertised that some items are available at the WORLD Duty Free shops, but have yet to find any on the shelves.
</font>
There's a MB section in one of the duty free shops just to the left of the Harrods food section in Terminal 4 departrues. It's buried at the back, but has an extensive range.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Do book an appointment when you get to the Arrivals Lounge, then have a bite to eat and a nice light massage. You can get a fuller range of treatments when you get to the Departures Lounge area back airside, but should also book your session as soon as you arrive to ensure getting a good rub down, shower, etc.</font>
This is a great idea...get a facial or a foot massage in the Arrivals lounge and then a full-on back massage on the Departures side.

Old Feb 14, 2003, 11:49 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Pardon the question, but I've never done a Spa visit (anywhere), and do have 3 hours between 2 upcoming BA F flights in LHR, so I was thinking of going for a massage. What is the proper/suggested tip? and are there any other charges I should be aware of/ etiquite, etc?
Old Feb 14, 2003, 1:36 pm

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
The service is free and no tip is expected. I've given a tip once or twice at the front desk but there isn't really anywhere to leave it. Maybe in the treatment room...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.