Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"A plane load of £59 fares to Belfast from Manchester"

Old Apr 16, 2003, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

From April 16 2003 British Airways CitiExpress will introduce all seats on specific flights from Manchester to Belfast City Airport at £59 return guaranteed including all taxes and charges.

£59 guaranteed fares enable us to offer even more great value, competitive fares to travellers to/from Northern Ireland. Plus, British Airways CitiExpress flights operate to Belfast City Airport which means passengers not only benefit from value for money fares but from the airport's convenient location right in the heart of Belfast itself.

Guaranteed fares are designed to appeal to the less time pressured travellers, and are particularly aimed at the huge amount of leisure travellers who visit Belfast and Manchester.

The guaranteed fare is not a promotional fare as such but will be available for the foreseeable future.
Fares will be bookable on or after 16 April.

The fare will be available for passengers travelling to/from Belfast City on the following flights only:

Flight No.

BA7603
BA7607
BA7783
BA7602
BA7606
BA7784

In addition to £59 guaranteed fare, other fares are also available on these services. For example if a customer wishes to buy a fully flexible ticket they will still able to do so, thus earning full EC mileage and access to the BA lounges at both ends of route.

N-class £59 fares can also still be purchased on other MAN-BHD services.
Services are operated on an RJ100 jet aircraft, which means 110 seats will be available at our lowest lead-in on weekdays.
Weekend services are operated by 49 seater Embraer 145 jets.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 1:19 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Scott you are showing an unhealthy interest in MAN routes this week - got something planned ?

Old Apr 16, 2003, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GK:
Scott you are showing an unhealthy interest in MAN routes this week - got something planned ?

</font>
Just my love for you my friend

It's actually BA that seems to be interested in MAN, I'd be flattered I were you
Old Apr 16, 2003, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Hmm, this wouldn't have anything to do with:

bmi BABY TICKETS TO BELFAST SELLING OUT FAST

Tiny has some big Belfast offers from his new base at Manchester - 50,000 seats to be snapped up at just £9.99 over the next six days

Tiny, the spokesbaby for bmibaby can't wait to start operations from his new base at Manchester Airport and is celebrating by offering passengers from Manchester to Northern Ireland some big savings in his latest seat sale, which starts today (Tuesday 8 April 2003).

The airline is selling an amazing 50,000 seats on its website, bmibaby.com, for just £9.99 one way, inclusive of all taxes and insurance surcharges, between Manchester and Belfast (International) from 12 noon today until 12 noon on Monday 14 April. He'd also like to tell passengers looking to travel from Manchester to look out for more bmibaby promotions next week!

The route is served with regular daily departures on weekdays and daily departures at weekends with regular fares available from £16.50 one way. All £9.99 fare flights booked on line throughout the promotion are valid for travel everyday until 31 August 2003.

Sue Underwood, head of sales and marketing for bmibaby said:
"This really is a fantastic offer and one which we're sure will prove to be very
popular particularly with our business travellers. We're having a run of sales to celebrate the fact that we start operations next month, this way passengers can buy and try the bmibaby service at the even cheaper fare of just £9.99."

bmibaby will be flying to six European destinations from Manchester Airport from next month: Alicante, Belfast (International), Cork, Malaga, Murcia and Palma.

Old Apr 16, 2003, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

When an airline called baby hires someone called tiny you can't expect to take them seriously can you?
Old Apr 16, 2003, 3:30 pm
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Not as great an offer as it seems

Only the 7602/7603 pair are AR1 mid day
7606/7607 are DASH 8 flights afternoon
7783/7784 are mid day sun ER4s

Though often on frid 7607/7608 heavily booked
Old Apr 17, 2003, 1:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by House:
Hmm, this wouldn't have anything to do with:

bmi BABY TICKETS TO BELFAST SELLING OUT FAST

</font>
And them canning the BHX-BFS route aswell. This doesn't make it any less of a bitter pill to take!
Old Apr 17, 2003, 6:04 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
It's actually BA that seems to be interested in MAN, I'd be flattered I were you </font>
But I wish they'd ask me first. I don't want to go to Belfast. My wish list for BA MAN flights would be as follows:

- a friday night outbound to BCN
- direct service to PRG and BUD
- bigger planes on LHR shuttle

Not much to ask for really. It is soo nice having our own terminal though and not having to share with the bucket and spade crowd.

Old Apr 17, 2003, 8:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
You're annoyed with losing BHX-BFS, I'm really annoyed about losing BHX-AMS.

That's 12 C returns a year gone for BA and probably the end of my BA Silver Status.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 12:51 pm
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
BHX Eurohub was fine until the RJs came then why pay C when the best seats were in Y?

Remember Merry's posts
Old Apr 17, 2003, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
[Talking about crazy deals I just booked for my sister to fly from Newquay to STN for £0.49 each way and from STN to EDI for £6.00 each way.

I also booked myself to Brussels from Liverpool for £0.99 each way.

I am now looking for an irline that will pay me to fly on their planes and give me full C class benefits on all trips.

Someone has to make the first move soon ???
Old Apr 17, 2003, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Fenton:
Talking about crazy deals I just booked for my sister to fly from Newquay to STN for £0.49 each way and from STN to EDI for £6.00 each way.

I also booked myself to Brussels from Liverpool for £0.99 each way.

I am now looking for an airline that will pay me to fly on their planes and give me full C class benefits on all trips.

Someone has to make the first move soon ???
</font>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.