Rookie Needs Your Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2003, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Rookie Needs Your Help

Hi all-

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I've got some questions for you experts:

1. My new wife and I are taking our belated honeymoon in October, Denver to CDG thru LHR. We're flying the "cheap seats" and when I called to get out seats assigned, I was told that she could put us in 23 C/D out and 20 C/D back to Denver. I specifically asked for more legroom, since we're both over six feet tall. Now, when I pulled up the seating charts, those seats come up as not being in regular World Traveler. I'd love to think that we've been upgraded to W+, but I doubt it. Any ideas?

2. Last time we flew to Italy with BA, we got to the airport early and were able to secure the exit row. How early do you think we need to arrive to try that this time? Also, are very frequent travelers upgraded to these rows FIRST, or is it truly first-come..first-served?

3. Is it possible to upgrade a cheap W ticket to W+? Can I use Miles or spend $$? We got the special sale fares that they were just offering and I'm afraid the hold-time to talk to BA Cust. Svc is about an hour the past two days, thought you might save me that trouble!

4. On another topic, we were planning on flying AirLib from Paris to Venice one-way, then driving back to Paris. Now, AirLib is out of business and I can't seem to locate another cheap airline that serves these two cities (I can buy a regular r/t ticket for about $190 pp and then just use the first 1/2 I guess). Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help that you can give!!

BigJeff in Denver
Old Feb 15, 2003, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Train to Milan, RYANAIR Milan to Paris for anywhere from a $1 to 30 check your dates
29.99 EUR

Wed, 17 Sep 03
Flight FR 4231 11:55 Depart Milan Bergamo (BGY)
13:25 Arrive Paris Beauvais (BVA)
One-way 29.99 EUR

Old Feb 16, 2003, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M FT, AA, 9F, HH Silver...
Judging by http://www.britishairways.com/travel...b/public/en_nl it looks like your flight has the old 3 class configuration, with the Club World cradle seats instead of the new flat bed config. This also means no World Traveler Plus, so to get an accurate view of your seats, you have to look at the bottom of the charts showing the old cradle Club World, as WT and WT+ charts only show the 4 class config. So what you want to look at is this http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_nl

Judging by the seats you quote, this is the only match on a 777. To be sure, I would call BA to ask for an update on the re-design, since your travel is a couple of months away.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 4:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BigJeff:
I specifically asked for more legroom, since we're both over six feet tall. </font>
I Don't think asking for seats with extra legroom will do anything for you as the only ones that gives these are exit rows and they don't pre-book these as the are supposed to see that you are fit enough to open the doors.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">2. Last time we flew to Italy with BA, we got to the airport early and were able to secure the exit row. How early do you think we need to arrive to try that this time? Also, are very frequent travelers upgraded to these rows FIRST, or is it truly first-come..first-served?</font>
Most of these get taken by internet check in the day before... mmm, totally goes against what I said about point one

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">3. Is it possible to upgrade a cheap W ticket to W+? Can I use Miles or spend $$? We got the special sale fares that they were just offering and I'm afraid the hold-time to talk to BA Cust. Svc is about an hour the past two days, thought you might save me that trouble!</font>
I dont know for sure but I think only highe fares are upgradedable in the US program??

[This message has been edited by CTEASDEL (edited 02-16-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.