Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Will an upgrade voucher stick if WT+ is added?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2002, 8:19 am
Original Poster

I am looking at booking a flight for myself and my wife to San Diego next May. I will fly in CW either with miles or cash+upgrade voucher. At the moment this flight is still just WT/CW/F but once and if it moves to LHR I guess it will get re-configured to WT+ and NCW.
If I book 2 WT tickets now at a meager cost of 280GBP each and use the voucher to put us into CW with 2 assigned seats and the BA re-configure the aircraft will I win and they loose? Or do you think they will bump me down to WT+

If the first option is likely I will use cash+ the voucher, if the second is the likely option then I will use miles.

Nobody at BA reservations can answer this, any ideas or thought?

p.s. If I get bumped I could always ask for COMPENSATION
Old Aug 14, 2002, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The travel agent makes a regular booking in a normal class but gets an authorization code from their EC service center, so once the booking is made you have a regular D class ticket without any real way of tracing it to an upgraded ticket. The upgrade inventory is not linked to award inventory so once it's booked I can't imagine they would be able or allowed to downgrade you.

- booking R class for upgrades to Concorde
- booking A class for upgrades to FIRST
- booking D class for upgrades to Club World & Club Europe
- booking T class for upgrades to World Traveller Plus (where fitted),

[This message has been edited by ScottC (edited 08-14-2002).]
Old Aug 14, 2002, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks Scott

So if it is booked in D class then I will get points and miles...... This makes the 280GBP sound very good
Old Aug 14, 2002, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CTEASDEL:
Thanks Scott

So if it is booked in D class then I will get points and miles...... This makes the 280GBP sound very good
</font>
Don't count on it.... BA has split booked class and travel cabin pretty well in their systems...
Old Aug 14, 2002, 9:01 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
Don't count on it.... BA has split booked class and travel cabin pretty well in their systems...</font>
I was going on your last message about the actual booking class being D so their is no way of them telling is is an UG? I have seen before where I book in say J and Fly F my statement reads LHR-XXX C/F and I only get the points for C. Now if the actual booking class is C and the cabin is C then maybe...
Old Aug 14, 2002, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CTEASDEL:
I was going on your last message about the actual booking class being D so their is no way of them telling is is an UG? I have seen before where I book in say J and Fly F my statement reads LHR-XXX C/F and I only get the points for C. Now if the actual booking class is C and the cabin is C then maybe...</font>
Yes, you are correct there but I don't think the actual booked class is visable on the pax manifest, just internally in the EC systems. The only upgrade situation viasble for cabin crew are usually printed on a seperate printout nowadays when they do more than 5 or 6 ops.
Old Aug 14, 2002, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
From a recent experience, I did receive the "D" class points and miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.