Community
Wiki Posts
Search

!!!!! Merry, if you're online now !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2002, 6:42 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Very Depressed:
Pucci

I know only too well the feeling of losing someone you love dearly. 6 weeks ago my wife who I loved dearly and was absolutely devoted too, came home one evening and told me she was leaving. Until that point we had been as loving as at any time in our 4 years together and there had been no indication she was unhappy. She had met someone else at work 10 days previously (yes, that is not a mistake, it says 10 days) and decided she needed to be with that person more than she wanted to be with me. Since that night my life has crashed around me and I have been totally devastated. None of our family or friends can understand why it has happened. Everyone saw us as the "perfect couple".

Why am I sharing this with you all? It is because I believe that Life is cruel and unfortunately it seems to be crueliest to those that deserve it least.

I wish your colleague well and hope that his treatment is succesful.
</font>
Dude, that sucks big time. I'm with PC on this one. Write her off and move on. The sooner the better. She's not worth it and you deserve better.

All the best
Old May 25, 2002, 10:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Very Depressed:
Pucci

I know only too well the feeling of losing someone you love dearly. 6 weeks ago my wife who I loved dearly and was absolutely devoted too, came home one evening and told me she was leaving. Until that point we had been as loving as at any time in our 4 years together and there had been no indication she was unhappy. She had met someone else at work 10 days previously (yes, that is not a mistake, it says 10 days) and decided she needed to be with that person more than she wanted to be with me. Since that night my life has crashed around me and I have been totally devastated. None of our family or friends can understand why it has happened. Everyone saw us as the "perfect couple".

Why am I sharing this with you all? It is because I believe that Life is cruel and unfortunately it seems to be crueliest to those that deserve it least.

I wish your colleague well and hope that his treatment is succesful.
</font>

Hi there...

Just to say that I agree that you should go and see a counsellor and get your feelings sorted out.

I was an absolute b****rd to my then wife, about 5 years ago, when I left her for another guy. She was pregnant with our daughter, and I basically left her in it...

Yes, I was a c**t and all other vitriolic adjectives that spring easily to mind, but, having been through it, we both survived, and are now functioning better as a friendship, rather than as a married couple.

As to my reaction, I needed to go into emergency therapy as I was suicidal, (I had to consciously walk away from the platform edge when I was travelling on the tube). It took a while for me to get my thoughts back, as it did my wife, but it can be done.

Take control of things early, accept that there's going to be a LOT of bad feelings and you;re going to think you've been used, humiliated etc etc...

BUT IT IS IN YOUR HANDS TO TAKE CONTROL OF THIS AND ALLOW SOMEBODY TO LEAD YOU THROUGH THE QUAGMIRE OF CONFLICTING EMOTIONS WHICH YOU WILL PROBABLY SUFFER

TOXA: I've been travelling with Guy Betsy and was aware of your predicament. By reading your posts, I get the impression that you have accepted the final outcome. When my mother's mother died, the hardest thing was not my grief, (we had time to 'adapt' to the situation!), but my mother's feelings. It was SO hard to see her SO upset, asnd not be able to do anything about it. PLease keep in touch with her and steel yourself for a couple of difficult weeks. It'll pass and things will get back to normal.

NICK: Good on you for taking the time to make the phone calls. Irrespective of how BA dealt with the issues, it is true that, by contacting them when you did, (and within a short time-frame), you alleviated a lot of pressure from TOXA and gave him hope. That is all that could be asked of you, and you delivered in style.

Thinking of you all whilst I'm travelling around the US. I'm meeting Guy Betsy in SFO next week, so I'll see how things turned out then...

Take care everybody, and fortitude to you all in this trying time..

Mike xxxx
Old May 26, 2002, 12:55 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
To update you (and thanks for the offers of bed and lodging - kingbed would do nicely HI snores like a pig). I got home to find that the gasmen had been.

I am informed that at some point, probably when the house was built, the master builders(excuse my sarcasm) managed to hammer two 2.5ins nails through the main gas pipe. As with tyres, the nails sort of allowed a slow leak only, but a leak noone the less. When HI lifted the carpet and decided to plane the floor the nails jiggled free (even now the consequences freeze my blood) and the gas leak became much greater. Effectively, the gas board said that the house and ourselves could have been blown to Kingdom Come for the last 10 years.

There are days when I know someone is watching over us, and that I will live to a ripe old age as only the good die young!
Old May 26, 2002, 7:19 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
To update you (and thanks for the offers of bed and lodging - kingbed would do nicely HI snores like a pig). I got home to find that the gasmen had been.

I am informed that at some point, probably when the house was built, the master builders(excuse my sarcasm) managed to hammer two 2.5ins nails through the main gas pipe. As with tyres, the nails sort of allowed a slow leak only, but a leak noone the less. When HI lifted the carpet and decided to plane the floor the nails jiggled free (even now the consequences freeze my blood) and the gas leak became much greater. Effectively, the gas board said that the house and ourselves could have been blown to Kingdom Come for the last 10 years.

There are days when I know someone is watching over us, and that I will live to a ripe old age as only the good die young!
</font>
Master builders? Master ......s maybe... one spark from nail scraping pipe and adios HI. :shudder: Glad to hear it was caught and fixed without incident and yes you both ARE charmed.

As far as your co-worker, please contact me via Email should he wish to explore the Houston option, although I doubt I'd want to be going through those treatments 5,000 miles away from home and he likely feels the same way. If he does come, make SURE he understand he needs to bring a family member (or friend or lover etc)... he'll need all the support he can get and good spirits are as important to getting better as good medical care.
Old May 27, 2002, 5:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
kanebear, thank you for that dear! Most appreciated.

Actually I don't think they would probably be very good at what you suggest. I very much doubt that they could count up to 50 to change wrists. In fact, I suspect that they can go on their fingers up to 10, take off their boots to run to 20 and that's their numeracy exhausted.

Hugs

Pucci
Old May 29, 2002, 9:09 am

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
kanebear, thank you for that dear! Most appreciated.

In fact, I suspect that they can go on their fingers up to 10, take off their boots to run to 20 and that's their numeracy exhausted.

</font>
I know a way they could count to 21
Old May 29, 2002, 11:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kiltboys:
I know a way they could count to 21 </font>
*ROFLMAO* Likely they can't see it 'cause there's a huge beer-gut in the way!
Old May 30, 2002, 1:29 pm

You're a great neighbor, Merry!
Old Jun 1, 2002, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Well, she's gone

After a week in very critical condition, grandma past away last saturday. The docs say she didn't suffer. We are all sad but, hey, that's life!

I took long to post it here because I still don't know the right words to thank Merry. As others suggested, now my task is to find a good gift for him, and so I will. But now we're talking about something bigger...

Merry still is the mysterious nickname in a internet bouletin board, the guy that only takes BA First, hates fish and upgrades, makes many jokes I don't understand, and barely noticed me before my call for help two weeks ago.

But he is more than his words now, he touched my life, he is not vague anymore, he is a real friend in a real world! Nick, I'll soon write a private thank you.

And so BA deserves thanks, specially Mrs. XXXXX (better not post her name, but you wouldn't believe it anyway...) for all efforts on that specially challenging morning. After 5 months flying BA, this event assured I made the right choice, for carrier and friends

Thank you all posters here and the ones who sent me private messages. I have now a very comfort feeling that some of you are real friends.

Love,

Toxa
Old Jun 3, 2002, 7:23 am

Toxa, I'm very sorry for your loss. I have a grandfather who's been ill for some time although not critically so. Still, the day will come when he won't rally, and won't grow stronger... I suppose the best we can do is to enjoy our loved ones while they're here and make the most of the time we've got. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 4:46 am

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
Oh Toxa, I'm so sorry
Old Jun 5, 2002, 5:51 am

Sincere condolences Toxa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.