!!!!! Merry, if you're online now !!!!!

Old May 17, 2002, 8:18 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Au Contraire, Monsieur Merry,

I believe that you are being overly self-effacing - the effort that you made in this case to put the relevant people in contact is certainly to be applauded - whatever the outcome, the fact that you were able to help in the first instance ensured that Toxas' family had the best possible chance to succeed in their endeavours !
Without your help and contacts, there would have been much less liklihood that they would be able to succeed.
Well done !!
Old May 17, 2002, 9:20 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Toxa - Hope all ends up well - I can't imagine the stress.

Merry - Will you be in T4 on My 31 or June 2 mornings - I'd like to buy you a drink!

Yes, it will ultimately be the airlines decision to accomodate them, but they most likely would have had no chance if you hadn't made a call or two.

[This message has been edited by MikeFly (edited 05-17-2002).]
Old May 17, 2002, 11:08 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Mr. Nicholas Merry,

In Yiddish, the word is mensch. In Hebrew it would be ne'shama tov (good/beautiful soul). Whether or not BA did anything, the point is that you made an attempt to get them to do *something* and that is better than they could have done on their own.
Old May 17, 2002, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

ATC down made things really difficult, there was no way to re-route my parents in time to catch any day flight between Europe and Brazil, even if they took Eurostar to Paris. I'll not even post here other option raised by BA to help them, since it's definitely not usual procedure, but there's no doubt BA likes Merry a lot. Unfortunatelly that option would not help much either.

So my parents are taking BA 247 as per original schedule, let's hope it departs on time. Grandma still in stable but grave condition, thanks for all your support.

As to Nick's help, there is no doubt he deserves all praise and I'll work on it as soon as things calm down here.

Toxa
Old May 17, 2002, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA LTG GGL, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT
Toxa,

Hope your grandma recovers and that your parents make it there.

Merry,

All I can say is WOW!!! All this transpired within 2 hours of the first posting.
Old May 17, 2002, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Toxa - Hope all goes well.

Merry - Very Classy!
Old May 17, 2002, 8:07 pm
ALW

Bravo to Merry, and my thoughts are with your family, Toxa.

Also bravo to British Airways, not every airline (not naming names, but one that comes to mind has initials "AC") would be that willing to try, even for a friend of one of their best flyers.

andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 05-17-2002).]
Old May 18, 2002, 2:38 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
I would say a token of appreciation is in order... but what on earth does one get the man who can get anything (or anyONE for that matter) he wants at the bat of an eyelash??
Old May 18, 2002, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kanebear:
I would say a token of appreciation is in order... but what on earth does one get the man who can get anything (or anyONE for that matter) he wants at the bat of an eyelash?? </font>
a box of steaks?
Old May 18, 2002, 3:08 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Merry - 'good on ya' as they say in these parts. Toxa - my thoughts are with you and your family.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kanebear:
I would say a token of appreciation is in order... but what on earth does one get the man who can get anything (or anyONE for that matter) he wants at the bat of an eyelash?? </font>
How about a case of Cloudy Bay? We know he likes the sauvignon blanc on BA, and CB can be pretty hard to come by in the UK...
Old May 18, 2002, 4:25 am

I am rather new to FT and haven't posted on the BA/OW forums yet, hence don't know many of you people yet. But I would like to say that the kind of care and assistance demonstrated in this thread makes me proud to have joined this community. Now I see that FT is not just about mileage runs, elite benefits, cheating FFPs, and promotion-hopping.

Toxa, all the best to your family!

Merry, I am absolutely impressed.

------------------
Hajo's World
Old May 18, 2002, 10:07 am

Nick really deserves the praise he got. Despite BA being unable to be of real assistance, at least they tried thanks to his actions. Way to go Merry!

Toxa, how is your grandma doing?
Old May 18, 2002, 12:04 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
And to think that someone said that we had a soap opera going. I cannot bear the suspense, I really hope that they got there in time.

I tunr my back and look what you can do. It is really reassuring to know that you are decent and thoughtful for others. I say this because, I for one have become really quite proud of the majority of those that post here and who obviously fly with us a lot (more than I do in Merry's case). I say this given another rather self-centred and self-pitying post elsewhere who is conspicuous by his absence here.

You should be proud of yourself Nick. Never mind what BA did, that you could not control. You gave assistance when it was needed, and I for one intend to make sure that you get proper recognition for that.
Old May 18, 2002, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

My parents arrived GRU this morning, and after short domestic flight to POA could reach the hospital in time to see grandma.

Her condition seems getting worst, but I am somewhat relieved because my mom is here at her side.
Old May 18, 2002, 4:39 pm

prayers are being said for you and your family TOXA... and big hugssss. I am sure that this is a very difficult time, but I am pleased that your mom made it in time.

Merry you are a real assist to your airline. You certainly went out of your way to help out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.