Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2004, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Bumped into Samuel L Jackson and George Lucas in the Concorde Room (although I think it was then the F lounge), following the premiere of Star Wars Episode 1.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 12:05 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
At the far endo of the bar Francis Bacon (who happened to be one of Carrier's chums) and someone else quite famous in the art world were rolling on the floor making all sorts of noises in a state of advanced inebriation.
Pucci, I'll make a guess here: either it was Daniel Farson (and if any of you Brits remember the name then you're showing your age) or Lucian Freud...

Did you ever make it to the Colony Room? But now I'm majorly off-topic...
Old Apr 21, 2004, 2:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Mrs LE flew back with Naomi Campbell in F from MIA to LHR a few years back. She was a complete drama queen b!tch the whole flight long, it seems. Nothing was good enough, food was too hot or too cold, drinks were either to slow in coming or not right for some reason. Give me a break, Mrs LE thought.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
The Chancellor is a frequent sight on the EDI shuttle - sat next to him once and bit my tongue all the way to London - even though I was bursting to comment on tax, and other subjects. I could make some comments about his eating habits - I thought the BA breakfasts were served on trays not in troughs.

Some stood behind Belinda Carlisle at check in - and was amazed by how small she was - heaven definitely was a place on earth that day!
Old Apr 21, 2004, 3:36 am

Roy Cropper (Coronation St) on a flight from Liverpool to Barcelona.

Aaron
Old Apr 21, 2004, 4:19 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
I thought Roy only went to Amsterdam or Greece?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:42 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Mrs LE flew back with Naomi Campbell in F from MIA to LHR a few years back. She was a complete drama queen b!tch the whole flight long, it seems. Nothing was good enough, food was too hot or too cold, drinks were either to slow in coming or not right for some reason. Give me a break, Mrs LE thought.
Angel, for one moment - until I read the end of the post - I thought that MrLE was going to take you to the divorce courts!!

I happen to concur with the above. May I say that there are people who have class and education and those who do not. This has nothing to do with money. We had a celeb, and I cannot reveal his name, except that he is very funny ever though I have not watched his award winning shows. He came into the galley after his lunch and had us in fits (he is a very very funny man - and an absolute gentleman).

I always remember A Ha being on board once. Now I adored Morten, and he was a miserable little tyke until I plucked up courage and told him that my favourite album of that year was "Hunting High and Low", and the single "The sun always shines on TV" was simply superb. They all cracked up laughing, and I could not understand why.

"We did not sing on it!" they said "it was session people - and they did it far better than us"

This was before the Millie Vanillie scandal!

One day I must write my memoires!
Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Pucci, I'll make a guess here: either it was Daniel Farson (and if any of you Brits remember the name then you're showing your age) or Lucian Freud...

Did you ever make it to the Colony Room? But now I'm majorly off-topic...
I am almost certain that it was Lucian Freud, the name seems to go with the memory. I could not see much as they were both on the floor.

No, that realtionship ended, some years and another man went by, and then Him Indoors came along, and he proposed. The world was my oyster and I settled for the shell!

No, I never went to the Colony Room - I always seemed to be taken to the polynesian place in the Hilton - remember that? Is it still there? I have not set foot in that bit of Park Lane in years.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Angel, for one moment - until I read the end of the post - I thought that MrLE was going to take you to the divorce courts!!
HA HA HA! As soon as I posted the original note, I knew this could be misread! For the record, Mrs LE is a very agreeable and undemanding traveller. (Now the two children are a different story... )
Old Apr 21, 2004, 8:35 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
First time I flew in F* I was in 1A for LHR-JFK, and David Frost was in 2A. Because I had a better seat than such a famous transatlantic traveller I really thought I'd arrived! I was minorly irritated that his passport was not checked at the gate whereas mine was.

Sat next to Harry Hill and his family in C on the way back from Bermuda last year - seemed a really nice guy.

*I know Pucci gets annoyed because everyone here only claims to fly F all the time. I don't, I fly Club all the time. My flights in F have been due to miles, one-way upgrade offers or a trip to CPT via OPO last month. But flying F for me is still a treat. Sad to say... NCW is a bit like taking the bus to work, I've done it so often that it's not interesting any more.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
-Had a brief chat with Reese Witherspoon at the frosted glass Concorde doors when flying in R LHR-JFK (September 2002)
I hope you got her number.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:15 pm

No, I never went to the Colony Room - I always seemed to be taken to the polynesian place in the Hilton - remember that? Is it still there? I have not set foot in that bit of Park Lane in years.
Do you mean Trader Vic's? If so, it remains disturbingly unchanged, like a bizzare time capsule.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:56 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
I always seemed to be taken to the polynesian place in the Hilton - remember that? Is it still there? I have not set foot in that bit of Park Lane in years.
I fear not but last time I looked there was still the equivalent - and every bit as fabulously kitsch - at the Hilton in Beverly Hills.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by The Disco Volante
I hope you got her number.
I wish I was starstruck and almost surprised to have managed to have said a word other than 'tits' or something like people do when they 'see the headlights'
Old Apr 21, 2004, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Cool

Please, hasn't anyone seen Albert Finney?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.