Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by ILoveRuthEvershed
the bespectacled presenter of the Gadget Show.
He is so annoying on the box not surprised he is the same in person, but his useless co presenter provided loads of fun trying to anchor the athletics a few months ago
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Bit out of date but I've only just seen this thread - JFK-LHR in F with Mrs Alpha in April 2011. On landing, the Captain (a lady, of all things) almost pushed me back into my seat in her unseemly haste to get to the passenger behind me while clutching a book. No idea who the pap was but I can only assume she was an author and the Captain wanted her copy signed? Phone call to BAEC resulted in a reasonably generous "sorry" in the form of multiple miles (before they became Avios) but it would have been nicer to see good manners from a crew member who should have known better...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by ILoveRuthEvershed
Monday morning on BA175 from Heathrow to JFK, I spotted Piers Morgan and someone I now know to be the bespectacled presenter of the Gadget Show. Imagine my surprise when Gadget Show guy turned out to be even more irritating than Piers Morgan. I think he had been pestering BA crew for a free upgrade to business class because not long after the flight took off he vacated his World Traveller Plus seat (I had a prime view from World Traveller!). He seemed a bit "look at me, I'm on the telly!", and a bit annoying.
Was Piers Morgan in WT+ !? CNN budgets must have been hit hard.

Originally Posted by Earthman
Hmmm...I was sat behind the Duchess of York and her two daughters not too long ago in club Europe down to nce.
They were standing at the exit as we left the plane at nce,waiting for special services,so we walked by them smiling.
They were whisked down a side corridor,presumably to a waiting car and did not do passport control.
I'm sure they did -- heads of state get away without passport control, the rest of us have to get it done somewhere by someone (although I'm not quite sure what country you're in when you go to Gaza).
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:47 am

Gareth Southgate in South Galleries now near the back of the cinema room
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by COOLIO
Gareth Southgate in South Galleries now near the back of the cinema room
Was he watching a video how to get back into coaching?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by paulwuk
I very much doubt it; surely CNN would put him up in CW at least.

I seem to recall reading on FT here that he was in fact a regular flyer in F, seat 1A in fact.

MAN-FF
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
The (I assume) highly fragrant Joanna Lumley this morning LHR-AMS. Wonderful to see her in real life and looked just as good as she does on TV
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
The (I assume) highly fragrant Joanna Lumley this morning LHR-AMS. Wonderful to see her in real life and looked just as good as she does on TV

Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly

well she looked even better than on TV then....
Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:38 am

I agree. She oozes class in person.

As for Gareth Southgate he was with a woman and an older man. I think I recognise the old guy from football but was only passing quickly. Well I was until I had to stop and explain to my travel companion who Southgate was complete with google images!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MAN-FF
I very much doubt it; surely CNN would put him up in CW at least.

I seem to recall reading on FT here that he was in fact a regular flyer in F, seat 1A in fact.

MAN-FF
...yes but I don't think he got seat 1A on the last scheduled R from NY to London in 2003, since Jeezer was sitting in front of him and managed to chuck his glass of 'poo over PM.....
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
saw her recently at the WA syon park when filming for sport relief. She was very classy, and seemed very down to earth as well, unlike a lot of the other celebs there that day
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Should have been the hold - preferably the un-pressurised one!

I'm sure they did -- heads of state get away without passport control, the rest of us have to get it done somewhere by someone (although I'm not quite sure what country you're in when you go to Gaza).
Not sure the heads of state do get away without having their passports checked for state visits etc., it's just that they don't have to go and wait at passport control it's done for them by staff. Visas also have to be issued with special ones for certain people like the one that allows Castro to visit the UN which limits his travel in the US. I saw a prog on the Secret Service when last in the US and they detailed the work that goes into staging the General Assembly of the UN from a security point of view. Although one head of state that doesn't have one is the Queen who doesn't need one see here for more details. If they did ask her for something issued by the government with her picture on it, she only need produce a Stamp, Bank Note, Coin etc

Last edited by Jimmie76; Mar 22, 2012 at 7:47 am Reason: tyop
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:38 am

Fairly sure the NFLer Ben Graham was in 11EF on yesterday's BA295 with his wife and a significant amount of LV luggage. He was connecting onto Detroit.

Last edited by COOLIO; Mar 22, 2012 at 9:04 am
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: DL Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Michael Kors was on my flight from LHR-EWR last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.