Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by mumblemumble
Top Gear crew incl JC on 778 yesterday. Seated next to them and it was like being involuntarily subjected to an extended episode... highly tempted to ask for reseating, in ET if necessary
Strangely I much prefer them when they're on telly together, but when they are on their own presenting progs they're just not as good in my opinion.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by origin
[url]so you wont be going then.
Barring circumstances involving wild horses, sudden dementia, and Julia Roberts in a particularly risque mood: not if the fate of humankind rested on it.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Top Gear crew incl JC on 778 yesterday. Seated next to them and it was like being involuntarily subjected to an extended episode... highly tempted to ask for reseating, in ET if necessary
Having sat next to the short one ex-NCL once before, I can feel for you mumblemumble. I would not have fancied the trio for a whole flight either - in fact, I think I may have been inclined to try opening the emergency exit door and taken an early landing on my own.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Rewards Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, Tesco Clubcard
And Lord Coe on the 113 LHR to JFK today. Think he was in J, but only noticed him when u was getting off as I was in J on UD. He was sporting a trendy black satchel with Olympic rings on it. Bit of a giveaway? But, busy couple of months ahead for Lord Coe.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Strangely I much prefer them when they're on telly together, but when they are on their own presenting progs they're just not as good in my opinion.
The Documentary that Jeezer did on Major Robert Henry Cain VC was fantastic, also loved Meet the neighbours.I enjoyed May's build a Spitfire but that is about it.Everything Hammond has done is low rent drivel.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgABbHPdwH4
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by cat 35
Good one the 3 bears
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
The Documentary that Jeezer did on Major Robert Henry Cain VC was fantastic, also loved Meet the neighbours.I enjoyed May's build a Spitfire but that is about it.Everything Hammond has done is low rent drivel.
I haven't seen the first one, the second wasn't that bad (although again it wasn't anything like as good as TG is) I would have liked to have seen the third.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Good one the 3 bears
It's probably very true - but it makes them very watchable together.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Me No seriously a while back both the Duchess of York and Emma Watson, and shortly after Sir Tom Jones. I'm not saying what flights, but it was a delight to hear Sir Tom whistling in the cabin (or was it the A/C? ) - no really it was a delight.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:27 pm
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by boadh398
Emma Watson
Lucky you!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by DVT
Lucky you!
But you snipped the flip side
Duchess of York
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: QF; EK; LH
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
Well to update on the Mark Wahlberg situation - within 20 mins of take-off he was fast asleep and didn't wake up until 40 mins before landing. So thankfully we had a peaceful cabin. But, of course, he was chatting on his phone the second we turned off the runway - and the cabin crew said nothing.

But, other than that, a top crew today in a NF cabin. ^

Oh - and wasn't Wahlberg in The Perfect Storm and Shooter?
His career is in bit of trouble
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...comments-.html
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, newly Bronze!
Monday morning on BA175 from Heathrow to JFK, I spotted Piers Morgan and someone I now know to be the bespectacled presenter of the Gadget Show. Imagine my surprise when Gadget Show guy turned out to be even more irritating than Piers Morgan. I think he had been pestering BA crew for a free upgrade to business class because not long after the flight took off he vacated his World Traveller Plus seat (I had a prime view from World Traveller!). He seemed a bit "look at me, I'm on the telly!", and a bit annoying.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:07 am

Hmmm...I was sat behind the Duchess of York and her two daughters not too long ago in club Europe down to nce.
They were standing at the exit as we left the plane at nce,waiting for special services,so we walked by them smiling.
They were whisked down a side corridor,presumably to a waiting car and did not do passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.