Celebs on BA

Old Feb 16, 12, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Not exactly a celeb but I saw one of the BA check-in agents who featured in 'Inside Gatwick' at LGW North today...
Old Feb 16, 12, 6:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by mikey2124 View Post
Not exactly a celeb but I saw one of the BA check-in agents who featured in 'Inside Gatwick' at LGW North today...

Old Feb 17, 12, 4:04 am
27R

Programs: Programmes. Please!
Originally Posted by TeamStorm View Post
On boarding we were told there was only boarding from the back, and then when we boarded I saw who was in my seat - a Premier, David Cameron !!!!

I have to admit that if I'd not been seat shifted you wouldn't have known that he was even on-board.

At the EDi end he quickly disembarked, no delay or anything and no huge entourage.
Ed
I spent some time a while back intermittently travelling round the UK in the then PM's entourage (purely professional, and I'm not in politics). Much of it was on trains and it was very, very low key - usually one carriage discreetly shut off. One evening he ended up in the last little part of a commuter train going through London in the rush hour. There must have been a couple of hundred passengers in that carriage alone and I bet none of them had any idea he was on board.
Old Feb 17, 12, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M Silver
Originally Posted by cariad73 View Post
Jonathan Rhys Meyers from LAX to LHR a few years back....

HOTNESS
Phoarrrr!!!!
Old Feb 18, 12, 4:19 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_WildfireS_A510e Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Jeremy Bowen of the BBC in the first lounge at LGE. I told him the WiFi password.
Old Feb 18, 12, 4:50 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by nimeta View Post
I am sat in the lounge at Lagos with Cherie Blair. I am in F...maybe I am gonna wake up next to the former PM's wife
I thought she had her own broomstick?
Old Feb 18, 12, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel View Post
In TOTAL agreement with that. Dreadful, simply dreadful.
That'll be the Mr. G. Brown who has given all his post-PM speech fees (1.3m) to charities?
Admirable.
If he'd been around recently, we wouldn't have this Euro-mess - other leaders respect him rather than laugh at him.
Old Feb 18, 12, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hilton Silver, Accor Silver
A certain 'Beyonce Knowles' signed the guest book in T3 Galleries First.

I doubt it was actually her, but 'she' said she enjoyed London and was flying back to NYC (must have been on AA if true).
Old Feb 18, 12, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by MadnessOfCrowds View Post
That'll be the Mr. G. Brown who has given all his post-PM speech fees (1.3m) to charities?
Admirable.
If he'd been around recently, we wouldn't have this Euro-mess - other leaders respect him rather than laugh at him.
Interesting input ... I always thought he was an arrogant self-centred pole-climber with back-stabbing tendencies and the fiscal skill of our cat.

If true, I shall respect him [in grateful hindsight] a lot more. Certainly more that a certain uber-grease-ball who shall remain nameless, and will be hopefully forgotten by History other than for his skills in personal nest-feathering, whilst destroying UK traditions and institutions, and collaborating with One-Eyed Jock over the destruction of the UK's economy, Defence and ... [/rant]

Sorry ... went a bit political there.
Old Feb 18, 12, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Admirable.
He still managed to sell off 60% of the Gold reserves for a fifth of their price today, would have been worth north of 12bn today instead of the 2.3bn that we got. I know that the Treasury wanted foreign currency hence the sale but wouldn't have sold quite so much had it been me.

At least BA haven't seen off their Gold reserves, still plenty of them on here.
Old Feb 20, 12, 12:57 am

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
I've just been sat opposite Michael Portillo in Galleries South at T5, he waited for sunrise with his companion before leaving the lounge. Which seemed like a nice thing to do.
Old Feb 20, 12, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by OrchardTravel View Post
I've just been sat opposite Michael Portillo in Galleries South at T5, he waited for sunrise with his companion before leaving the lounge. Which seemed like a nice thing to do.
i sat next to him on a 38 bus a few years ago so hes obviously comfortable on all forms of transport status wise and not a believer in his former leaders maxim.
Old Feb 20, 12, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Admirable.
OK, if thats true about the charity donations, I accept that doesn't make him a bad man. Although why anyone would want to pay money to listen to him, goodness knows. I turn off the TV whenever he appears I'm afraid.

His rap sheet on the minus side way outweighs any on the plus side IMHO but you are perfectly entitled to disagree.
Old Feb 20, 12, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tuff View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_WildfireS_A510e Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Jeremy Bowen of the BBC in the first lounge at LGE. I told him the WiFi password.
Well done you! Lake Gregory attracts all sorts....
Old Feb 20, 12, 8:45 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by tuff View Post

LGE?

In case any daily mail readers are around, I'm fairly sure he would have a gold card, it's unlikely he'd be travelling in J if it was for work purposes (hell the guys rotating through Libya last year only got Y (and then a camel from Tunis or Algeris). He certainly wouldn't be in F.

I do wonder in John Simpson gets a premier card for his HighLife contributions.

Search this Thread