Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by duncas
and Gary Lineker in CCR
Is he eating all the crisps?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Only the Salt & Lineker ones though
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
And now Jude Law. It's celeb central in the CCR today!!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:12 am

I was in the BD lounge at Belfast with him and he was indeed eating Walker's crisps which had some competion on the packet with his picture.

I've been in the CCR a few times and have never seen a celeb in there.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by duncas
And now Jude Law. It's celeb central in the CCR today!!
Sounds like it may be better on the weekends for celeb spotting.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:38 am

Sounds like it may be better on the weekends for celeb spotting.
Looks like it is the place to go, wonder if the celebs are spotting other celebs (FT members)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Looks like it is the place to go, wonder if the celebs are spotting other celebs (FT members)
You'll only spot one or be spotted if you have some http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...6-ft-tags.html
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
George Clooney having breakfast in the CCR, although he was whisked off by SS as soon as I sat down - must have been something I said :-)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Let's not be stereotypical. He's probably playing football on the Concorde Terrace.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, Royal Ambassador
Seat shifted by a Premier !!!!! Outrageous

Checked in for my BA8716 LCY - EDI on Friday to be told that my 2A I had booked was now 15c (not happy as a Gold)

Asked why, and was told there had been a change of aircraft, but looking at the seatmap it was the same config so was curious but suspected a VIP as the lady said she couldn't tell me any more other than some rows had been blocked out.

On boarding we were told there was only boarding from the back, and then when we boarded I saw who was in my seat - a Premier, David Cameron !!!!

I have to admit that if I'd not been seat shifted you wouldn't have known that he was even on-board. There was a strange moment where we taxied out onto the runway and then taxied back - apparently a passenger had been 'offloaded for security reasons' (I can only assume they didn't want him on the same flight as Dave, but they were worried they'd offloaded the wrong bags.

At the EDi end he quickly disembarked, no delay or anything and no huge entourage.

Whether you voted for him or not - good to see him on scheduled airlines !

And clearly you can get seat shifted by a Premier

Ed
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by TeamStorm
Checked in for my BA8716 LCY - EDI on Friday to be told that my 2A I had booked was now 15c (not happy as a Gold)

Asked why, and was told there had been a change of aircraft, but looking at the seatmap it was the same config so was curious but suspected a VIP as the lady said she couldn't tell me any more other than some rows had been blocked out.

On boarding we were told there was only boarding from the back, and then when we boarded I saw who was in my seat - a Premier, David Cameron !!!!

I have to admit that if I'd not been seat shifted you wouldn't have known that he was even on-board. There was a strange moment where we taxied out onto the runway and then taxied back - apparently a passenger had been 'offloaded for security reasons' (I can only assume they didn't want him on the same flight as Dave, but they were worried they'd offloaded the wrong bags.

At the EDi end he quickly disembarked, no delay or anything and no huge entourage.

Ed
And a less "Premier" Premier I can scarcely imagine !
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Rickers
And a less "Premier" Premier I can scarcely imagine !
^
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by TeamStorm

Ed
Do you think he is also gold? Just remember that Kofi Annan had/has a gold card
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: BA, BMI, Delta
James Bond and the Saint in one

I once sat across from Roger Moore on a flight from New York to London.

He ended the flight on the PA advertising the Save the Children fund of which he's a patron and asking for those little paper wallets to be filled with loose change.

Who could argue with James Bond?!

Also had the pleasure of Renee Zellweger's company from Boston (she was delightful!), the great scrum half Dewi Morris from Manchester to London and s......ed from behind at the growing bald patch of Morrissey on another hop to LHR from Manchester.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: BA, BMI, Delta
Why the redaction???

Not quite sure why my s.......d has been taken out? It wasn't anything rude, just a way of saying 'a sly or disrespectful laugh, especially one partly stifled'

Maybe they thought I was a racist with bad typing skills...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.