Lounge Access

Old May 10, 02, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Seiple:
And just how does a "Brit" look? </font>
Yes, good question. Exactly what does a "Brit" look like?
Old May 11, 02, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Africa1:
is that the majority of AA lounge agents will let you in "as a favour", especially if you speak with a nice plumy English accent

-what about with an impressive English
South African accent? hey, I look and talk
just like a Brit

</font>
Looking and talking like a brit must be hard when you are from California. Fellow BA board members, this person is a fake, it's our good old friend Worldtraveler36 who made so many good friends he quit the board. In just 3 weeks he has searched the internet enough to pretend to be a SA based expat, sad... very sad...

I would like to take credit of discovering him first! (as can be seen here)

I have no problem with him being on the board, but using a multiple handle (he has 3 or 4) and telling a bunch of lies/crap is a nono here.

[This message has been edited by ScottC (edited 05-11-2002).]
Old May 12, 02, 12:35 pm

Folks:

Your advice, please:

I am traveling on AA connecting via LHR to JNB (with a 6-hour layover at LHR), and I will have the wife and 2 of my kids (20 and 16: don't worry: not toddlers) with me.

Travel will be in coach )

I am OW Saphire, and wanted to know if I (and the family) would have access to the Terraces lounges.

Admirals Clubs allow family members traveling with the AC member access to the clubs, but I do not know about the Terraces.

I could not find the info on the OW or BA web sites, and the person at BA reservations had no clue. Also, there was no contact phone number for the LHR Terraces club on the site.

I have been trying to find the phone number for the Terraces lounge: if anyone could provide it to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance for the help on this.

[This message has been edited by Irvine (edited 05-12-2002).]
Old May 12, 02, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the AA site:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">AAdvantage Platinum membership means you also enjoy oneworld Sapphire status on all eight oneworld member airlines.

Benefits of Sapphire status include:

access on the day of travel to the airline lounges of all the oneworld alliance carriers when traveling internationally (excluding Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean)
</font>
Though I can't guarantee they will let all four of you in. This is the lounge info:

https://www.quickbase.com/db/6vcfnaq...&rl=bmxt&rx=bm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: