Wiki Posts
Search

new club world questions

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2002, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
new club world questions

flying BA again as UA has been annoying me lately. Haven't done so since the old buisness seats. what should I expect in terms of food, service and seating flyign club world from SFO-LHR? Do window seats keep you from getting to the aisle if person next door is sleeping?
Old May 5, 2002, 8:53 pm

When I flew BOS to LHR the food in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus was excellent so Club World has to be as good if not better. I had the fruit platter but the regular dinners smelled delicious.
Old May 5, 2002, 10:22 pm

Food has not changed significantly, still fairly british. On my flights, service has been consistently good. I would recommend the upper deck in club, it seems to be quieter and there are lavs front and back so you don't get a lot of traffic past your seat no matter where you are. The window seats are very nice because there are large storage bins between the seat and window where you can put things that you want to have access to throughout the flight, aisle seats do not have these bins. Seats are very comfortable but a bit narrow if you have wide shoulders, the only position I could sleep in was on my side. Getting in and out of a window seat may require you to step over another passengers legs if they are fully reclined. If you are worried about this try for the seats just forward of the exit door on the upper deck (sorry forgot the row number), there are no opposing aisle seats here so you can more easily come and go.
Old May 6, 2002, 2:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The other good rows at the window are those at the rear of the cabins at the bulkhead. It is easy to walk round the back of the adjacent seat

Dave
Old May 6, 2002, 4:00 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
The other good rows at the window are those at the rear of the cabins at the bulkhead. It is easy to walk round the back of the adjacent seat</font>
The only problem with these is they are right next to WT+ bulkhead, i.e. kids and screaming babies... something to consider.

I actually find the window seats all the way along to be fantastic, they are SO private, I fell like I'm in my own little bedroom . Also stepping over the other person when their seat is reclined is not a problem as they are fairly low and you can easily hold on to the seat in front for support!

dnw

[This message has been edited by dnw (edited 05-06-2002).]
Old May 6, 2002, 4:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
[B] The only problem with these is they are right next to WT+ bulkhead, i.e. kids and screaming babies... something to consider.

I actually find the window seats all the way along to be fantastic, they are SO private, I fell like I'm in my own little bedroom . Also stepping over the other person when their seat is reclined is not a problem as they are fairly low and you can easily hold on to the seat in front for support!

dnw

B]</font>
I like the window seats too. On the 744 with 2 J cabins on the lower deck, the last row of the front cabin is nowhere near WT+

Dave
Old May 6, 2002, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Thanks - I look forward to the flight.....
Old May 6, 2002, 9:08 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
On the 744 with 2 J cabins on the lower deck, the last row of the front cabin is nowhere near WT+</font>
Sorry, should have specified that it was on the 777...

dnw
Old May 7, 2002, 2:07 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
Sorry, should have specified that it was on the 777...

dnw
</font>
Well, in that case, I'd better warn that the upper deck on the 777 can get a little cold and windy at times

Ken.

"I know why the caged birds die
For, like them, I have touched the sky" - Mike Resnik, Kirinyaga
Old May 7, 2002, 5:43 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Well that depends. If it is for crew, aren't they nice and toasty in their rest area in the tail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.