Concorde Baggage Tags

Old Apr 19, 02, 1:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Concorde Baggage Tags

I am planning my first trip on the Concorde next month and am wondering whether BA has special baggage tags that say "Concorde." (The ultimate travel accessory)

Also, on a recent trip in WTP (sigh) I noticed that BA had replaced its folding baggage tag with a single sided one, and got rid of the art on the tag. This was really annoying as anyone can look at your contact details. Has this changed for the first and CW tags? If so, I'll hang on to these tags.
Old Apr 19, 02, 2:13 am

Programs: Nowt
Charles,

Welcome to Flyertalk. Yes there is a special Concorde tag, oval shaped I seem to remember, and matt steel. A co-worker of mine was also given a Concorde diary, but I am not sure if that if given out every flight, as he was on a flight in the first week of the resumed service from LHR-JFK.

Hope this helps and enjoy te trip.
Matt
Old Apr 19, 02, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should still get some kind of nice gift, as for the concorde bag tags, ask for them, they are not usually lying around on the checkin desk.
Old Apr 19, 02, 5:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
You should still get some kind of nice gift, as for the concorde bag tags, ask for them, they are not usually lying around on the checkin desk.</font>
I travelled last month and was old that they no longer give out gifts. They do still offer a certificate to 1st time Concorde passengers

Dave
Old Apr 19, 02, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it's so that they stopped offering a gift then I think that's a pretty bad marketing move, there are always people flying her for the first time, surely for the price they can offer something small?

OTOH: with the amount of people going to fly her on awards it might be a tight squeeze getting her profitiable...
Old Apr 19, 02, 9:07 am

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1094748700
Old Apr 19, 02, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
I feel awful. I actually just put a bid in on those tags. I must at this point out that a : I am not a nerd. b: I dont place spot c: I earn to much money to be a geek. d: i dont have a pair of binocluars, and cant tell the difference between a 321 and 738. e: While I dont have a current full time GF, i do have many girls in many ports I can call upon.

I thought they would just look cool on my brief case. I am thinking of subletting advertising space on it, what with the SQ PPS, LH SEN, VS G and BMI cards. I swore that BA would never get a look in, but they look both fashionalble and functional.

Oh and I am a poser

jon
Old Apr 19, 02, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Now at $34 ( 21:05 British Summer Time)
Old Apr 19, 02, 8:57 pm
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
They look very classy. Anyone know an address or name we might contact in BA to politely see if any are still around? We will fly concorde on award tickets soon, and can supply the pnr to them. I guess if you do not ask, you do not get? Maybe as a PR move to current top level 1Ks and Royal Wing members of the "other side" they might oblige seeing we are "tasting" BA now? Please feel free to email me if posting this info on board is indiscreet.
Old Apr 20, 02, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Still 5 hours to go on those bids !! ( and still $34)
Old Apr 20, 02, 2:23 pm

I am pleased to join the group to let you know that these CONCORDE tags and other CONCORDE items are also available directly from AVRO House:

http://www.avrohouse.co.uk/acatalog/...oncorde_8.html

The tags are GBP24 or USD35.
Mine arrived in the USA in 7 days.
Old Apr 20, 02, 8:13 pm
Joh

The Lone Arranger. Hmmm a first post like that? Maybe you are connected with Avro House?

Anyway, looked at the link, and think we may buy some direct, so thanks for your tip. The main reason I am pleased to buy off them is that they have THE cheapest shipping price I have ever seen for an on-line company to Australia for any product. Total cost of shipping here is 1.34 [$US1.96] and I appreciate the non-gouging involved. If we buy 2 I think the profit is in the bag tags, not the shipping. And had shipping been the typical $US10-15 we would not have bothered probably.
Old Apr 21, 02, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bag tags Avro offers are actually nicer than the ones BA would give you if you travel Concorde, the ones I got were cheapy aluminium, these seem to be some kind of silver plated ones... very nice...
Old Apr 21, 02, 2:23 pm
Joh

Scott - not silver plated but SOLID SILVER they say.

http://www.avrohouse.co.uk/acatalog/376_CG9712_p2.jpg
Old Apr 21, 02, 4:39 pm

I flew Concorde last Sunday. The tag that was put on my briefcase was not metal, only a black, rigid plastic tag. No gift either for flying. No certificate, but I didn't know to ask for that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: