Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Avis Loyalty Bonus Miles" ... anyone know what these are?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2002, 11:57 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

Had a rental in Seattle earlier this month and received the standard 500 miles plus 500 more miles for "AVIS LOYALTY BONUS MILES".

Anyone know anything about how or why I received this (so I can try and get some more)?

1,000 miles per rental ... even better than the good old days when all rentals got 500 miles.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 3:04 pm

Sounds like it is related to the BA/Avis promotion that gives an extra 500 miles on your first rental, 1500 on your third and 3000 on your sixth (my numbers are probably a bit off). I did this last year over a 2 month period. The only downside is that you can apparently only get the bonus once a year because even though I rented 12 or 15 more times after getting the third bonus I got nothing more. Pretty nice though. In my opinion the Avis/BA partnership gives some of the best mileage opportunities in rental cars for one and two day renters, no flight required and more than 500 miles per rental on average.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

That's what I thought of too, but there has been no official word that promo was extended or renewed for this year that I've seen, because it was supposed to have expired at the end of last year ...
Old Mar 1, 2002, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
I've seen the same thing ... assume that it must be last year's promotion re-running ...

The deal is 500 miles per rental (which is the standard deal). 500 extra miles on the 2nd rental, 1000 extra miles on the 4th rental, and 1500 extra miles on the 6th rental. (Averages to 1000 per rental for those 6 rentals.)

Beyond that, it goes back to the standard 500 miles per rental (which still isn't bad).
Old Mar 2, 2002, 10:47 am

I recall getting something in the mail about the offer being re-run this year.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 11:13 am
Original Poster

This is all really good to hear, but to make it even better, I did not use the BA AWD on my most recent rental that I got the bonus on, but rather one that got me a better discount, so if you can find an AWD code that gives an even better price, so be it, you can still get the bonus as long as you take BA miles! (The wording on last year's promo certainly made it sound like you were supposed to use the BA AWD, don't know about this year since I haven't seen anything on it!).
Old Mar 2, 2002, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
FWIW, I never used the BA Avis AWD last year, but did get bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.