Wiki Posts
Search

concorde

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2001, 8:35 am
Original Member
Original Poster

concorde

who is better ba or airfrance when it comes to lounge and service food and drinks and service

------------------
emmett w. smith jr.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 8:48 am

Emmett: You don't visit us often, but when you do you are a real delight.

I am sure you are just teasing us and really you know that Air France is famous for is excellent lounges; fince wines and exquisite food. Whereas BA is famed for it's arrogance staff, it's take or leave it attitude, it's shabby lounges and surly in flight service.

nick
Old Nov 26, 2001, 10:10 am

Merry, either Emmet is a great jokester or you are being too polite.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Nov 26, 2001, 10:11 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Not really i thought ba was but i guess i will try airfrance

------------------
emmett w. smith jr.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 11:13 am

I seem to think BA's is better as they seem to advertise it a lot more. You know that there are dedicated lounges and staff and check-in. I think AF does not advertise on thier site or in other ways their Concorde lounges or menu's or special services. Their price (AF) is a little less for a RT as well.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 11:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I would like to apologize for intruding on the BA board, with its delightful threads, and would only want to say that the US AF web site DOES advertise the Concorde lounges, special services and menus.

An apologetic visitor from a distant planet.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 12:47 pm

[This message has been edited by Merry (edited 05-25-2002).]
Old Nov 27, 2001, 8:40 am

As one who has taken both, my AF Concorde experiences were awful. The plane was always late and on 3 of the flights my bags never made it to the other end with me.
Old Nov 27, 2001, 9:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ventures:
As one who has taken both, my AF Concorde experiences were awful. The plane was always late and on 3 of the flights my bags never made it to the other end with me.</font>
I wholeheartedly agree. I have flown 8 times by BA and twice by Air France. I have stopped flying Air France despite my none too warm feelings about BA.
Really Do you need to fly Concorde It is nothing but a glorified MD80 with a gas problem
Old Nov 27, 2001, 6:48 pm

I flew it twice in the last week. Although, it was hot and cramped inside, we were in the air within 12 minutes of departing the gate (on time), and were at the gate within 7 minutes of landing..no long taxiing. Also, my luggage was out before I exitted immigration. It's the minimizing of all the extraneous times that makes the rest bearable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.