Wiki Posts
Search

High Life Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2001, 8:13 am
Lux
Original Poster

High Life Magazine

On two intercontinental flights in the past few days the High Life magazine had been withdrawn. Presumably this follows the sad events in New York and Washington.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know the reason for this?
Old Sep 17, 2001, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe they removed the magazines to make security easier. I heard several airlines also removed blakets and pillows to make the aitircraft search easier.
Old Sep 26, 2001, 12:29 am

MediaGuardian.co.uk Special Reports

Hot Air runs out of steam

http://media.guardian.co.uk/attack/s...557959,00.html

Lotus
Old Sep 26, 2001, 3:51 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Oh, dear. Then I guess I can't watch "Sex in the City" anymore, as they show shots of the WTC at the begining?
Old Sep 26, 2001, 4:16 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LHR Tim:
Oh, dear. Then I guess I can't watch "Sex in the City" anymore, as they show shots of the WTC at the begining?</font>
Or "Friends"!!

I agree that some pictures need withdrawing, like the CD cover that showed an explosion on the WTC, but this is a bit OTT.

Old Sep 26, 2001, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

High Life was withdrawn for 2 reasons:

1) There was an ad for a perfume with the WTC and a plane flying close by. and:

2) There was an ad for what I remember as "Cunard" which said something like, " The New York Skyline may never change, but the wya sof getting there do not."

Anyway, there will be a new issue out next week.
Old Oct 1, 2001, 9:24 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Flew J class LHR-SIN-SYD last week on BA15 and I had a magazine, but the offending pages had been cut out. People in Y didn't have mags. The CSD on the second leg took the time to read out what the movie selection was at least!

The Omnia movie guide was surprisingly missing though. Was there anything offending in this? I asked the FA for a copy and she was surprised I had a copy of Highlife!!
Old Oct 4, 2001, 6:58 pm

Yes I noticed the Mag was withdrawn from my flight, was a shame!
Mr E.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 12:59 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
My God! You actually read the thing? I thought you boys were clever. Are the flights that boring?

Heresy it may be, I think that it is trash.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pucci, it's you lot that's always tell us to read Highlife's well-being pages, are you telling me all that excercise is useless?
Old Oct 9, 2001, 5:29 am

Scotty, If I actually saw anyone doing the exercises, I would agree. As it stands we swear by an asprin and chocolate for DVTs.
Old Oct 9, 2001, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Asprin, Chocolate, Club and First seem to be the best medicine
Old Oct 9, 2001, 9:40 pm

I recieved "a" chocolate, but know asprin do you have to travel up the front to get the drugs?
Old Oct 10, 2001, 6:26 am

Mr Earn, at the risk of bringing the wrath of the self-righteous down around my head (and I am not refering to anyone on this particular thread) ask any of the girls. For gynacological reasons we often have some in our handbags. Some use asprin substitutes but the wise always do. Enough said.

Boys you should always have aspirin close to hand. Aspro is the best (I stock up in France as they do the 500mg - UK 300mg) as it deloves well in water. It is wonderful for all sorts of things. Girls too, but we're more practical about such matters.

First Class gives you headaches Scotsy, all that fizz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.