Double BA Miles With First USA Visa

Old Nov 8, 1999, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Double BA Miles With First USA Visa

Got a card in the mail this weekend from First USA. Holiday season bonus terms: charge at least $4,000 to your BA Visa between November 1 and December 31, and get two miles for each dollar spent, up to $10,000. Good on the Signature, Platinum or Classic cards.

Don't know if this is a targeted promo or a blanket deal, but it sounds good... I'll be paying for business-travel tickets differently for the next six weeks!
Old Nov 8, 1999, 4:51 pm
Original Member

I received a similar offer, but with a lower threshold: $2500, which should be easily achieved. Mind you, FirstUSA *still* hasn't posted my bonus BA miles for the Visa account I opened towards the end of the summer...

These offers are probably targeted - the gardener also has a BA Visa, and has yet to receive this offer. Could be that First USA is somehow tracking our spending on other cards - Diners gets a healthy chunk of business from me every month.
Old Nov 9, 1999, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Last year's Christmas offer was: spend at least $2,000 in the month of December, earn a flat 2000 bonus miles. I went out 12/26 and bought at PC. Maybe meeting last year's promo parameters defines what offer one gets this year.
Old Nov 10, 1999, 7:49 am

My mailing says I only have to spend $1000 to get the bonus miles. I did that before I even got the card (I charged a week-long hotel stay on Saturday morning, got the card Saturday afternoon). I wonder if marketing departments have any clue how many customers they annoy by this sort of variable targeted marketing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.