Search

BA and Avis...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 1999, 5:51 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
BA and Avis...

You know how you're supposed to get 500 Executive Club miles (250 for corporate/ government rental) for every Avis rental? Well, not always the case.

I couldn't understand why I only get 250 miles for every Avis rental even though the only AWD number in my profile is the Avis Preferred AWD number. So, I asked Avis back in October 1998 (with monthly follow-ups).

I finally got an answer last week. Bottom line is, if you have ANY AWD number in your profile (yes, even the Avis Preferred AWD number-- which is automatically entered by the system once you're identified as an Avis Preferred member), you get 250 miles. The Avis customer representative told me not to make a Preferred reservation if I want the full 500 miles. Is the extra 250 miles worth standing in line for?
Old Apr 14, 1999, 1:34 pm
pgupta011

This is pretty bizarre. Were you able to get the 500 miles retroactively? If so, use the preferred reservation and get the miles retroactively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.