Res 24 - how does it work?

Old Apr 7, 1999, 10:49 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Res 24 - how does it work?

I have a D class ticket which is the last leg of a transatlantic journey taking me back to mainland Europe from LHR. The final leg is in three weeks time, there is C class space available (according to easySabre) but I'm confirmed in economy and waitlisted in Club.

I thought that the point of Res 24 was that I would be confirmed in Club even if space in Club (D) wasn't available (which it is....)?
Old Apr 7, 1999, 1:16 pm

Spike: Reservation 24 guarantees you a reservation (ie a seat) which may not be your choice of cabin.

You may have to wait a couple of weeks to see if BA open up any more D class seats, they will obviously want to ensure they can meet the demand for C class prior to opening up to the restricted D.

My experince is if you leave in until about 7 days before departure they will open up more seats and you will make the waitlist.

Failing which you can always pay fare difference.

However, I would not be very pleased with my Travel Agent if I were you. Purchasing any restricted fare when a seat is unavilable is a real no-no! The point of restricted fares is to entice people onto flights where seats are available, buying a restricted for a flight without seats available is risky at best.
Nick

[This message has been edited by Merry (edited 04-07-99).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.