Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do BA care about their Executive Club Web Site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 1999, 6:32 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Evidently not.
The latest "news" is from the beginning of October last year.
The Free and Easy on line is from autumn (fall for my american cousins) last year.
The big promotion (The Club World Promise) actually finished in November last year.
Of course you could check out their special Christmas offers.....
What was I saying about this feeling of "BA don't give a ****......"
Old Jan 25, 1999, 7:32 am

Spike:

1. 'The Club World Promise' is not a "big promotion" as you called it. I assume you are confusing this with the Club World promotion which ran until November.

The 'Club World Promise' is a service guarantee BA are giving in connection with the enhancements to Club World.

2. BA did advise that they would be making changes to the Exec Club website for the first few months of this year and that some information would not be up-to-date.

I think we all know that they are making changes to the site ready for changes necessitated by OneWorld.
MF

Old Jan 25, 1999, 9:59 am
Original Member
Original Poster

1. No, I'm not confused. I know what the promise and the promotion is, I've banked the miles.

The Club World Promise on the "News" page is linked to a page which describes the promotion. Which expired in November.

2. I'm not sure why announcing your site will be updated "in a few months" is an excuse for doing nothing visible in the meantime (unless you dont give a etc etc...).

Mind you I think it was somewhere around September last year when they eventually changed the May newsletter.

Maybe it's a bi-annual thing?
Old Jan 25, 1999, 10:12 am

Spike: As BA send you a copy of the newsletter what harm is it causing?

Why do you fly BA if you think they care so little?
MF

Old Jan 25, 1999, 10:16 am
Original Member

Spike - the main BA site http://www.british-airways.com/ is up to date...

Among their headlines at the moment are:
*Latest World Offers from the UK: Amsterdam £49, Paris £49, Dublin £49. Book before 27th January.
*Check out affordable World Offers fares departing from the US
*British Airways and Japan Airlines plan new links (Dateline: Jan 13)
*British Airways announces more one-stop flights and improved connections to Melbourne and Durban (Dateline: Jan 14)
Old Jan 25, 1999, 11:04 am

Spike: You said a couple of weeks ago that you were going to stop flying BA and fly Virgin instead.

How do you think Virgin's web-site compares to BA's?
MF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.