Friendliest lounge on BA network.

Old Jul 10, 2024, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Friendliest lounge on BA network.

There are certainly lounges offering better food and drink options (CX at T3 springs to mind, the non Schengen AY offer at HEL is good too) but the staff at the living room sized lounge at INV are universally helpful and pleasant. And not in a robotic corporate way either.
In fact all the staff at this diminutive airport do their jobs without resorting to the hatchet faced scowling and shouting that counts for customer service at MAN.
Any other small but perfectly formed lounges out there?

Old Jul 10, 2024, 6:31 am
formerly onlynik

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Gold, Accor Gold
57 degrees north

I quite like ABZ lounge, the staff were brilliant with my kids when there was over an hour delay recently.

Old Jul 10, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
There are certainly lounges offering better food and drink options (CX at T3 springs to mind, the non Schengen AY offer at HEL is good too) but the staff at the living room sized lounge at INV are universally helpful and pleasant. And not in a robotic corporate way either.
In fact all the staff at this diminutive airport do their jobs without resorting to the hatchet faced scowling and shouting that counts for customer service at MAN.
Any other small but perfectly formed lounges out there?

I agree with this. Without wishing to single anyone out - because they’re all great people - there’s a chap there who is extremely kind and helpful. I recall one occasion when he saw me hoovering the last two quarter sandwiches off the buffet. Ten minutes later he appeared next to me with a huge platter of freshly made sandwiches and announced “a big lad like you needs a few more of those. I just made these for you:” he was still feeding us all as the flight went to last call.
Markie, jamiel, simonsmith and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yet to use INV but the lounge pleasantness is something I've heard about before, so it's nice to have another record of that.

I do think the staff at NCL are up there. I've always found it a very friendly city and airport anyway, but (particularly with the new lounge in place), the staff seem to have a real pride in it, which adds to the experience.
Markie, Biffking and uk20d3 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I agree with this. Without wishing to single anyone out - because they’re all great people - there’s a chap there who is extremely kind and helpful. I recall one occasion when he saw me hoovering the last two quarter sandwiches off the buffet. .
I think I know the gentleman. Met him last time and today he was leaving as I arrived. He teased me about my summer clothing on this cold, wet Scottish summer’s afternoon. 😂 All the staff here are helpful with a great sense of humour (that is surgically extracted at induction training at MAN.)
Markie, jamiel and BA or bust like this.

Last edited by ManInExitRow; Jul 10, 2024 at 7:44 am
Old Jul 10, 2024, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by AviationMoose
Yet to use INV but the lounge pleasantness is something I've heard about before, so it's nice to have another record of that.

I do think the staff at NCL are up there. I've always found it a very friendly city and airport anyway, but (particularly with the new lounge in place), the staff seem to have a real pride in it, which adds to the experience.
The BA lounge in NCL had the best staff in the world so it was such a shame when it closed. But now the Aspire has been renovated and expanded I now look forward to going to the lounge in NCL once more, as said they're very proud of their new lounge and were showing people round when it first opened.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Small is beautiful in this case. Although it's sometimes been standing room only, the INV lounge and its super staff are near perfect.
jamiel likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Inverness is unbeatable! Good humour, helpful and they do actually seem to enjoy what they're doing.
Markie and jamiel like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
I think I know the gentleman. Met him last time and today he was leaving as I arrived. He teased me about my summer clothing on this cold, wet Scottish summer’s afternoon. 😂 All the staff here are helpful with a great sense of humour (that is surgically extracted at induction training at MAN.)
I believe I've met said gentleman and he is lovely - absolutely insisted on making me another bacon roll the last time I was through. Does a good line in sarcastic (yet friendly) Glaswegian banter too.
Markie and jamiel like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 9:02 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
This is going back a bit: the lounge at Berlin Tegel used to be staffed by two lovely ladies who were really friendly. They got to know us at one stage and just waved us in if there was a queue.
flarmip likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
If we are bringing out the "good old days" , SFO was a jewel, canapés and at-seat wine tasting then boarding directly onto (if the stars aligned) a 747 and heading upstairs for a very comfy ride home. Still perfectly pleasant but not the gem it was.
ttama and camdentown like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 9:48 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
The old Boston dungeon when Juan was on duty.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 9:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I like the EDI morning staff. Many have been doing it for years and are real 'salt of the earth' Scots. Dragons are usually miserable but they wear swissport uniforms.
JTXC likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC
It's such a shame to see MAN highlighted as a bad example as for so long the BA lounge staff there were some of the very best in the network.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I was very impressed with the staff in the new NCL lounge!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.