Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

M25 closure this weekend (J10-11) 12 - 15 Jul 2024

Old Jul 10, 2024, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver

As the title suggests, the M25 will be closed between junctions 10-11 in both directions from 9pm Friday night (12 July) to 6am Monday morning (15 July).

BA are sending emails out but just in case this affects anyone who hasn't heard.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
Well let’s hope the resurfacing of the A24 between Beare Green and the M25 at Leatherhead following the oil spillage yesterday gets completed quickly. It was chaotic around Dorking yesterday with the northbound carriageway closed.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Got that email since I'm flying Sunday. However, I wish they would say which bit of the M25 it is apart of Jcns 10-11 - a good proportion of the population are not M25 geeks. A simple qualification along the lines of 'SW section' or 'between M3 to M23' would be helpful.
oxtailsoup and DaveS like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold; Accor Le Club Gold
Originally Posted by CKBA
Got that email since I'm flying Sunday. However, I wish they would say which bit of the M25 it is apart of Jcns 10-11 - a good proportion of the population are not M25 geeks. A simple qualification along the lines of 'SW section' or 'between M3 to M23' would be helpful.
If you don't know the junctions you're even less likely to know where the A320 is.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker

FWIW it will be busy from the M23 bit to the M3 bit most probably... thats 6 oclock to 8 oclock on the M25 clockface - see above.

I got two emails (one per flight) , won't affect my journey this weekend from LCY to Greenwich but was happy for the heads up.
DaveS likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
If it's of use to anyone, I had a flight the weekend they last did this in March. I live in Kent, for context.

Flight was at 7:30am so the diversion was absolutely fine for me going through in the morning; though it's essentially single-track roads through villages, even if you veer off it. So I'd try to avoid that way if going mid-morning or afternoon - but very first thing and evenings it's probably fine.

On the way back, I landed about 4pm on the Sunday so went back clockwise instead. Naturally it took a bit longer, but the actual traffic wasn't at all bad. So I think if I were heading to LHR at a more peak time on the way, I'd go that way round again.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC
If you’re travelling from the south (east of Gatwick, North being London) and south east then you’re going to struggle to get Heathrow without sitting in a vehicle for several hours using the diversions. What would be a 20-30min stretch on a good day is probably up to 2 hours diversion with traffic!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.