BA 2167 LGW to Tampa cancellation today

Old Jul 9, 2024, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

BA 2167 LGW to Tampa cancellation today

Hi
Im due to fly to on BA 2167 from LGW to Tampa in 2 weeks and have been tracking the flights. Iíve noticed they cancelled the flight today and recently on 30.6.24
We have club seats booked for a long time saved and well deserved holiday. This will be my daughterís first flight and I am a little nervous and hope ours doesnít get cancelled.
Would anyone know why the flight was cancelled as the flight trackers donít share the reasons for cancellation.
Many thanks
Old Jul 9, 2024, 5:05 pm

Someone will be along with the reasons however itís off little relevance to a flight in two weeks time. I would stop fretting.

if itís cancelled when you travel, youíll have alternative options. But whatís the point in overthinking that now?
Old Jul 9, 2024, 11:23 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
BA may well be able to re-route you straight away to Miami or Atlanta with a connecting flight to Tampa or to Orlando and pay for an uber to Tampa - it's about a 90 minute drive from Orlando International to Tampa. I was told by a couple of chaps who were on holidy at Disney from Exeter IIRC and decided to leave the wives and kids at Disney to come to Tampa for an American football game. They said is was about US$60 each way so not horribly prohibitive.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
When a LGW aircraft goes "sick" it's normally the JFK service that gets the chop, it's quite rare that MCO or TPA get canned. Don't worry about these things. Use your energy getting excited about the trip! As noted, there's lots of ways to get you there, usually same day, and in the comfy seats still.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You are def. overthinking this. Most likely you will find yourself in exactly the flight and seats that you booked.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 2:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
When a LGW aircraft goes "sick" it's normally the JFK service that gets the chop, it's quite rare that MCO or TPA get canned
Taking a moment to look at the data, the OPs BA2167 to TPA shows as being cancelled 3 times in the past month.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 2:19 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
As all the previous posters have noted, these are things you can't control and the LGW l/h fleet generally runs smoothly, so I wouldn't worry about a cancellation on the 9th when your flight is in 2 weeks time!
If it helps set your mind at ease, the reason for the cancellation was a LGW-MCO flight on the 8th diverted to TPA due to weather at MCO. The aircraft then sat on the ground for 24hrs and operated the normal TPA-LGW service back on the 9th. With 1 plane stuck in the U.S. for 24hrs and 2 of the LGW fleet having minor maintenance in the meantime, BA didn't have spare aircraft to send to TPA on the 9th, and the cancellation was only 1 way (LGW-TPA) which passengers could be accommodated on other flights.

Pilot37
mnhusker and flarmip like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
I wouldn't worry too much about the flight being cancelled but on the off-chance that it is it is good to be aware of what your rights are. I would suggest having a look at this thread which provides lots of good advice. Disruption Assistance thread - signposts and what you need to know
Old Jul 10, 2024, 8:16 am

Honestly, flights just do get cancelled the three biggest reasons are the obvious, weather, mechanical, crew, none of these are predictable or knowable in advance so worrying isn’t of much use, summer in south fl you deal with tons of storms and an occasional early hurricane threat this time of year, this year has been very hot and the storms have been brutal so it is just a matter of luck, intl flights are in the air for a long time so cant be held up via a ground delay program which leads to diversion, this sounds like what happened that got a plane over to Tampa

the good news is the storms come thru fast, the other good news is that there is a ton of service that will get you to MCO so like others have said be prepared for how you would want to reroute and don’t worry about something that will probably not be an issue

Old Jul 10, 2024, 8:46 am

Whilst I agree that itís not worth the energy worrying about this, trying to get a same day J reroute to one of the worlds busiest tourist hubs at the beginning of the British school holidays might be slightly trickier than is being let on.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold | Hilton Honors - Gold
As some who is flying to MCO this weekend, itís something I am tracking closely also.

But the best thing to do, is not to get to worried about it. However best to prepared, know your rights in the event of disruption, and know your options. (LHR has a lot of options to switch onto to get the US in the event of a cancellation)
Old Jul 10, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by VictorSierra
Whilst I agree that itís not worth the energy worrying about this, trying to get a same day J reroute to one of the worlds busiest tourist hubs at the beginning of the British school holidays might be slightly trickier than is being let on.
There is no such thing as British school holidays. Scottish children have been on hols since late June. OP, you have been given very good advice here. Don't worry about things you can't control especially as the odds are heavily in your favour. Just be aware of your rights in the less likely event of irrops.
crazy8534 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.