BA holidays cost breakdown

Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold
BA holidays cost breakdown

Hello everybody, is there any way of finding out the breakdown of costs on a BA holiday , for example if I booked 10 nights hotel and flight as a package can I see what Iíve paid for the flights and the nightly rate of the hotel ?
thanks in advance DC.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines
I guess a simple answer (and perhaps not the correct one) would be to see what the price of just the flight for one person would be to your destination (for your preferred dates) and deduct that from the over all cost per person for the BAH.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No. You can make an educated guess, but the breakdown will be a secret. Either the flight or the accom could be a lower price than the issued price.
crazy8534 and T8191 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by darrencobb
Hello everybody, is there any way of finding out the breakdown of costs on a BA holiday , for example if I booked 10 nights hotel and flight as a package can I see what Iíve paid for the flights and the nightly rate of the hotel ?
thanks in advance DC.
You can check what the fare would be, and attribute the rest to the hotel.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You can check what the fare would be, and attribute the rest to the hotel.
Flight prices get reduced / tinkered with in a BAH.

Off to DOH next spring. Flight in WTP ex JER was £601

Added a one night car, made it a holiday, and the price for two plus one night car was £920
Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Flight prices get reduced / tinkered with in a BAH.

Off to DOH next spring. Flight in WTP ex JER was £601

Added a one night car, made it a holiday, and the price for two plus one night car was £920
of course there's tinkering! Commissions on top of allocations and discounts.

But that's BAH's business. The best we can do is be cognisant of the notional flight element and make assumptions.

T8191 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines
thanks in advance DC.
What location are you looking at and what prices have you found for your preferred/selected dates? How does that compare to pricing the flight and hotel separately?
Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold
Itís actually for a holiday already taken, I did a 10 night trip to sandals in ochi beach back in February and a few things went wrong so they offered me 4 free nights on a future booking but the free nights were based on the average nightly room rate I paid, I am in the process of making a new booking and the amount they have given me for my 4 free nights is a bit light in my opinion, when I queried it with sandals they said as it was a BA holiday booking they couldnít tell me the nightly rate which surprised me as they have arrived at a figure based on it.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
You can only find the breakdown when pricing the holiday by clicking on the tab.. Once booked itís the very unscientific ways mentioned above.

Old Jul 9, 2024, 9:46 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; WoH Explorist
Itís actually for a holiday already taken, I did a 10 night trip to sandals in ochi beach back in February and a few things went wrong so they offered me 4 free nights on a future booking but the free nights were based on the average nightly room rate I paid, I am in the process of making a new booking and the amount they have given me for my 4 free nights is a bit light in my opinion, when I queried it with sandals they said as it was a BA holiday booking they couldnít tell me the nightly rate which surprised me as they have arrived at a figure based on it.
As I understand it (and speaking as travel agent) BAH will have acted as a tour operator - therefore they will have a 'net' price with the hotel that they are charged. BA then add a mark up to that as part of the 'package'. This means that there is no breakdown visible to you, as the customer, as to how much is paid for the flight and hotel - rather you have a single price for the entire package. It is likely the agreement between the hotel and BAH prevents BAH from disclosing how much the net nightly rate was. Also, the hotel won't know what mark up BA have added and, therefore, what the notional selling price was to you. That net nightly rate might, for example, be 10-20% lower than the usual customer facing selling price. So it would be a bit difficult to 'untangle' in this sort of circumstance.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 10:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
OP don't forget BAH are not off the hook for any issues you encountered on your trip, the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 apply to your booking and BAH may also have liability for your issues.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've found that adding a domestic flight can reduce the overall cost of a long haul BAH.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by peter3102
I've found that adding a domestic flight can reduce the overall cost of a long haul BAH.
Yes, that is often the case (certainly from JER). A minor abatement usually, but of course with extra TPs. 😎
Old Jul 9, 2024, 1:04 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

It’s actually for a holiday already taken, I did a 10 night trip to sandals in ochi beach back in February and a few things went wrong so they offered me 4 free nights on a future booking but the free nights were based on the average nightly room rate I paid, I am in the process of making a new booking and the amount they have given me for my 4 free nights is a bit light in my opinion, when I queried it with sandals they said as it was a BA holiday booking they couldn’t tell me the nightly rate which surprised me as they have arrived at a figure based on it.
If I understand correctly you are dealing with Sandals and not BA holidays.

Sandals will very likely not divulge their negotiated agreement with a Tour Provider and neither will BAH. When you buy a package, you’re getting a discount on the cumulative and not individual parts. Its kind of like getting a Big-Mag Meal deal and asking for the value of the fried/chips in regard to the total price.

My suggestion in cases like this would be to address Sandals with the following type of argument: You offered me 4 nights and not ‘a discount of a specific monetary value related to the price your wholesaler paid’. Thus, it would stand logic that I get 4 nights in a comparable room category regardless of the price paid.

They may return saying the time of year is different or the quality of the resort (though it would be hard for Sandals to argue resort A in inferior to Resort B so I doubt they would go there.

Bottom line don’t let them negotiate with dollars, the currency is nights and similar room category.

Good luck.
SaltyPaprika likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 1:29 pm

To re-iterate what others have said, BAH won't give you a breakdown, as they would consider it to be commercially senstive.

You can get a good hint, by checking the flight-only price. But BAH probably will be getting a "discount" when the costs are cross charged to BA-proper.

In the end, it's a package deal. How they build up the package is up to them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.