Has CE always given you Group 1?

Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Has CE always given you Group 1?

Must admit that I'd always thought that Group 1 was for First and Gold pax only, and CE defaulted to group 2 (even though it was the highest cabin on sale). But my BP for tomorrow shows group 1 and I'm still 'just' silver.

Perhaps I'm losing my marbles, but I thought my last paid CE flight (admittedly a year or two back) only put me in group 2...?

I'm sure it's all academic anyway as 1-3 are bound to get called together. And that's the best case scenario...
Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
CE has always been Group 1 as far as I can remember. CW however is Group 2 whether its a 3 class or 4 class route (unless you have higher status).
SxMan, JayeJ and Blenheim like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
CE has always been Group 1 as far as I can remember. CW however is Group 2 whether its a 3 class or 4 class route (unless you have higher status).
yeah its actually gold that turns your Euro traveler into group one
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes it’s been group 1 since they introduced groups in 2018 - see the wiki in the original thread Boarding by group to be introduced [general discussion]
Blenheim likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC
What you describe would make a lot of sense - there is currently no benefit to being a GCH in club. It would be an easy win to board GCHs first and then club / SCHs in group 2
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Ah well, I stand corrected! Will get my elbows sharpened for the morning scrum
deanrw likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:45 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
What you describe would make a lot of sense - there is currently no benefit to being a GCH in club. It would be an easy win to board GCHs first and then club / SCHs in group 2
Put it another way though you could argue there isnt a lot of incentive for Golds to book Club over Traveller - basically the meal and drinks, as they get boarding, baggage, lounge and much of the time, exit row and seat left free next to them. By that logic they should move Golds down a group...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.