Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA695 captain trying to remove a row of Club Europe

Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald

Basically plane arrived with 4 rows of CE with middle seat divider. Plane was returning with just 3 rows so those in middle seats had no seat.
Ground maintenance called but couldn't do anything... Captain came and yanked and got B seat divider out but didn't bother with seat E. Passenger moved to a free seat down the back.
Passengers in 4 D & F now have the equivalent of FLUB 😁

adrianlondon, dougzz and Mekko like this.

Last edited by IntVic; Jun 22, 2024 at 5:40 am
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I was anticipating an entirely different story when I clicked on this topic, not another bloody nanny I thought 🙂
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The cabin crew should be capable of removing and storing the middle seat table. Not sure why the flight crew would be remotely interested or coming out to sort the issue.
gcuk likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
We are still on ground and curiosity is killing me so I am discreetly trying to move it myself... I better stop as it will end up badly for me and the seat table 😩
hotturnip likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
According to flightradar its a bulk standard A320 G-EUYR so amazed cabin crew can't fold it away.
Probably shouldn't play with the equipment but instructions previously posted on FT. Just fold the table at the front (clip underneath), then using 2 hands, there are release clips on the supporting arms. Here you can swing the table under the middle seat.

Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:50 am

Surprised that they did not manage to follow the FT instructions...
BA or bust, VSLover, KARFA and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Is it not the responsibility of the cleaners?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Cabin crew are not trained to do it. And if youve not done it before it isnt very intuitive.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Is there a curtain and has that been moved?

In the current H&S culture, you know what, unless it was in my remit & Id been trained Id defer to others too probably.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IntVic
Passengers in 4 D & F now have the equivalent of FLUB 😁
Jraveller.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:57 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Cabin crew are not trained to do it. And if youve not done it before it isnt very intuitive.
ive seen both Gatwick and London City crews routinely change Club configuration, Perhaps its only a thing at Heathrow. Unions?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Cabin crew are not trained to do it. And if you’ve not done it before it isn’t very intuitive.
I don’t think that true. They don’t normally do it as a matter of routine when resetting cabin size, but they know how to do it - or should do if they were paying attention during training.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:17 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I shall take the rest of my life recovering from the flight crew moving the curtain 1 row ahead to exclude us from CE.
The scars are still here due to my status as a lowly economy being made public

But if I see the captain unable to follow simple directions on moving the divider, I should have more worries about his ability to fly the thing
Never mind maintenance not being able to do it - can they maintain the rest of the plane safely?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by SxMan
ive seen both Gatwick and London City crews routinely change Club configuration, Perhaps its only a thing at Heathrow. Unions?
That makes sense because there are no down route cleaners are there on EuroFlyer? No tables on CityFlyer though.

Originally Posted by KARFA
I dont think that true. They dont normally do it as a matter of routine when resetting cabin size, but they know how to do it - or should do if they were paying attention during training.
Thats what a Heathrow crew member told me when I asked for it down (travelling with an under-2 as a couple). It wasnt a case of not wanting to do it, as various crew members had a go and failed. This was before I found the BA Flyertalk thread to see how to do it myself.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:24 am

Don’t believe everything one cc tells you. I have seen them proactively offer to remove them for couples with a baby.
lcylocal likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.