Telegraph - Get BAEC Gold for sub 3K

Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Telegraph - Get BAEC Gold for sub 3K

Not sure if there has already been a post on this but its behind a paywall. Interesting article; some colleagues of mine mentioned they read it and are now going to chase gold. I wonder if we will see even more people with top tier status, especially with the BA Hols extended tier point offers.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:38 am
formerly onlynik

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Gold, Accor Gold
I've read the article, basically it's BA holidays to Sofia, Bucharest, Marrakech, making use of the double tier points.

What it doesn't count for is the time off work, or the cost of paying for food whilst you're there.

Then there is a bit about tier point runs.

There's also an interview with a gentleman, who has a youtube channel, who tells people the best Tier Point runs.
YacozA, oceanscape, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:38 am

Programs: Some
Yep, just received this email as well - this is the number one article on Apple News! Presumably BA has in some way been consulted before this was published in the Telegraph, I think it was already clear with the never ending Double TPs offer etc that BA is actively trying to increase the ranks of leisure status holders.
oceanscape likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:42 am
formerly onlynik

It worth noting that they also say that Gold is the highest status available with BA.

The article was first published in May. I'm not sure why it's getting traction now.
YacozA and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by glenmore_saveloy
The article was first published in May. I'm not sure why it's getting traction now.
interesting. Upcoming summer hols season, perhaps? Its currently #1 across multiple outlets.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:54 am
formerly onlynik

Originally Posted by oceanscape
interesting. Upcoming summer hols season, perhaps? It’s currently #1 across multiple outlets.
Yes must be. I don't like how the telegraph is on Apple news+ but you still are prompted to pay for it (Not that I would)

Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:58 am

This will be three weeks in a row that the Telegraph has featured BA. Comparison of first class travel, drinks in the sky and now Gold. What’s going on?

Look forward to reading it later this morning..
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:06 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Greenpen
This will be three weeks in a row that the Telegraph has featured BA. Comparison of first class travel, drinks in the sky and now Gold. Whats going on?

Look forward to reading it later this morning..
BAs PR department has used up this years budget for influencing at Londons top watering holes.
catmndu and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC; VFC; IHGOR
I can't view the article, but is it about this guy:

exploring_george likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:22 am
formerly onlynik

Originally Posted by B.Cam
I can't view the article, but is it about this guy:
Yes
Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Each to their own, but I often wonder what real value people achieve via manufactured status, especially Gold. Obviously always exceptions, people switching alliance or main airline, but if you’re having to manufacture the status, it rather suggests you don’t fly much. I’ll switch things around for more TP, but flying to and fro to places you spend no time at feels like work.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dougzz
Each to their own, but I often wonder what real value people achieve via manufactured status, especially Gold. Obviously always exceptions, people switching alliance or main airline, but if youre having to manufacture the status, it rather suggests you dont fly much. Ill switch things around for more TP, but flying to and fro to places you spend no time at feels like work.
Perfect result for BA - give a shiny card to those who arent going to use it much in return for them driving some extra revenue BAs way.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:50 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by dougzz
Flying to and fro to places you spend no time at feels like work.
The people doing the most 'flying to and fro' seem to also be the people doing the most other flying as well.
GFL and GGLFL status are a lot of work unless you have a weekly commute in F.
I used to fly a lot, almost always in economy, so my silver status was very useful.
But now don't travel for work at all and am gold for the first time following a method very similar to the article.
It will allow me to use nicer lounges while I do many weekend avios trips in economy over the next two years until I drop back to bronze.
There is no point at all in me chasing gold every year, but it has been fun to do. Sofia is a really nice place
dougzz, TedToToe, becks1 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:23 am
formerly onlynik

Each year I make 2860 Tier points through work. Any personal travel can add to that, with some effort and BA holidays to Sofia I'm sure I could get GGL.
tmac100, TGLoyalty and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:58 am

If you want to read the article for free, post the webpage link into this site.

https://paywallreader.com/

Then click internet archive

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.