Cruel promise

Old May 26, 2024, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by abligh
Why would denying Global Entry (as opposed to a Visa) cause the ESTA route to be shut down?
If you're declined for Global Entry, you no longer are eligible to use ESTAs and would have to apply for a full via to enter.

Edit: At least that's what I read when I applied for Global Entry... maybe I'm wrong! The Head for Points guide on it says:
  • If you Global Entry application is rejected, you become ineligible for the ESTA visa waiver scheme. This means you would have to apply for a ‘proper’ visa. This is the biggest risk with the scheme.

Last edited by lgladdy; May 26, 2024 at 10:40 am
Old May 26, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lgladdy
If you're declined for Global Entry, you no longer are eligible to use ESTAs and would have to apply for a full via to enter.
Source please?
Old May 26, 2024, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Source please?
I got that info from the Head for Points guide on applying for Global Entry.
Old May 26, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lgladdy
I got that info from the Head for Points guide on applying for Global Entry.
Known for their journalist accuracy 🙄

I have quite in depth knowledge of this and a refusal of GE does not affect your ESTA or ability to apply for an ESTA in the future.
abligh likes this.
Old May 26, 2024, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Stripe
I have had GE almost since its inception and Mobile Global Entry is news to me. I just downloaded the app, so we'll see how it goes when I next arrive back in the US. Unfortunately in many cases the speed of GE just means I get to spend more time waiting for the baggage belt to start.
they have been rolling it out over the past few years, not all airports are set up for it, in all honesty it might add like 30 seconds to your time so I rarely use it even in airports where you can
Old May 26, 2024, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
With the adoption of Mobile Passport Control for ESTA holders I must say the gap is getting narrower for frequent visitors like myself. Maybe one day I'll take the plunge into Global Entry, but in Chicago last February I was out before the General Entry contingent of our party!
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
No TSA precheck though. And the only reason MPC is quick af the moment is that no one knows about it, not that it is inherently faster than GE.
MPC..."no one knows about it", wow. News to TSA at DFW. Arrived a few months ago with MPC fired up and ready...no MPC lines, as TSA said, "everyone's using it now, there's no point"...meanwhile, watching GE stroll through.

Last edited by TxDucky; May 26, 2024 at 2:48 pm
Old May 26, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Between Global Entry, and the Clear service it's pretty obvious the, US in this case, government is available at a price.
Reasonable conclusion, but $20 a year for Global Entry and PreCheck is a really cheap time saver.

Now Clear irritates the $%#@$ out of me. Mostly at smaller airports when the Clear employees try to cut their clients in front of PreCheck people who are already engaged with the TSA agent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.