Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find record locator without confirm email - award booking in family member's name

Find record locator without confirm email - award booking in family member's name

Old May 17, 2024, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

I recently made several award bookings for family members from my Avios account, but did not receive the email confirmations for any of them. Nor did I save the booking confirmation screen on the website. (The family members also did not receive confirmation emails, which is not surprising since I'd entered mine as the contact email.)

When I called BA and asked that I be provided the record locators, the agent said the family members would need to phone in. That seems a bit ridiculous since the bookings were made from my account.

Is that BA's policy, or should I HUCA?

Thanks.
Old May 17, 2024, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by pmblinn
I recently made several award bookings for family members from my Avios account, but did not receive the email confirmations for any of them. Nor did I save the booking confirmation screen on the website. (The family members also did not receive confirmation emails, which is not surprising since I'd entered mine as the contact email.)

When I called BA and asked that I be provided the record locators, the agent said the family members would need to phone in. That seems a bit ridiculous since the bookings were made from my account.

Is that BA's policy, or should I HUCA?

Thanks.
You need to get the family member to make you a third party nominee on their account for BA to disclose information to you.

You can do a GDPR request and ask information about your account. Clearly it will show flight bookings youve made but not sure what redactions would be plus it takes 30 days,

Third Psrty Nominee is the quickest.
Old May 17, 2024, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
You need to get the family member to make you a third party nominee on their account for BA to disclose information to you.

You can do a GDPR request and ask information about your account. Clearly it will show flight bookings youve made but not sure what redactions would be plus it takes 30 days,

Third Psrty Nominee is the quickest.
That's the funny part. They don't have BA accounts.
Old May 17, 2024, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pmblinn
That's the funny part. They don't have BA accounts.
Just call in, and pretend to be them - you'll only need the flight details (date/time/flight number/routing) plus the name, maybe DOB if you have entered that while booking. Anyway you should have all the info BA can ask for as you would have entered it while making the booking.
pmblinn, DelTroon and SFO777 like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 7:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
If you paid the taxes on a credit card then I believe the ticket numbers might be provided on your cc statement.
Old May 17, 2024, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by email2markt
If you paid the taxes on a credit card then I believe the ticket numbers might be provided on your cc statement.
Bingo! That was the trick. Anything to avoid another call in to BA!
Thanks for the help.
BA or bust and email2markt like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC
If you paid for the ticket then it is your ticket. You do not need the passenger to call in to authorise you to discuss it with BA or to make you their nominee.
scoonee likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.