Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Transfer Avios from IB to BA possible with BA household account?

Transfer Avios from IB to BA possible with BA household account?

Old May 10, 2024, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Can you point me to the prohibition in the Terms and Conditions? I have been doing these transfers for many years.

https://www.britishairways.com/conte...and-conditions
From the T&C section on "Combine my Avios":

"3. Members of a Household Account under the Programmes may not use 'Combine my Avios' other than (a) from a British Airways Executive Club Household Account to an individual account under the Avios Programme or the Iberia Plus Programme and (b) from the individual account under the Avios Programme to a Household Account under the British Airways Executive Programme. Any other Household account transaction will not be permitted under Combine my Avios."

It explicitly states that transfers from BA Household account to Avios or IB individual account are allowed, but only transfers from Avios account (no mention of IB account) to BA Household account in the opposite direction are allowed. Not sure what the purpose of this restriction is.
Old May 10, 2024, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by tth6133
From the T&C section on "Combine my Avios":

"3. Members of a Household Account under the Programmes may not use 'Combine my Avios' other than (a) from a British Airways Executive Club Household Account to an individual account under the Avios Programme or the Iberia Plus Programme and (b) from the individual account under the Avios Programme to a Household Account under the British Airways Executive Programme. Any other Household account transaction will not be permitted under Combine my Avios."

It explicitly states that transfers from BA Household account to Avios or IB individual account are allowed, but only transfers from Avios account (no mention of IB account) to BA Household account in the opposite direction are allowed. Not sure what the purpose of this restriction is.
Thank you for that. Very strange. For years, I have been transferring Avios from Iberia to my HHA.almost monthly.
Old May 10, 2024, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by binman
I believe you are right its the family account. I use aero club which allows transfers out of IB and then on to BA. Its a work around for sure but better than nothing!

I have not had to do this for sometime so others may have better options.
I know you haven't done it for a while, but do you recall if you need to initiate the transfer from IB or EI? I'll try to set up an AerClub account to do the transfer (I have an Avios.com account, but that site doesn't seem to offer that functionality anymore).
Old May 11, 2024, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tth6133
I know you haven't done it for a while, but do you recall if you need to initiate the transfer from IB or EI? I'll try to set up an AerClub account to do the transfer (I have an Avios.com account, but that site doesn't seem to offer that functionality anymore).
pretty sure I pulled from IB to Aero club and then pushed from Aero club to BA
Old May 12, 2024, 3:46 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I used to enter in avios.com and and then pull from IB then push to BA. Directly IB <> BA never worked. I don't know what I have to do now. Entering directly in Iberia.com and trying combine my avios gives error
Your session has timed out, please log in again
Su sesion ha caducado, por favor, acceda de nuevo
Ihre Sitzung ist abgelaufen, bitte melden Sie sich erneut
Votre session a expire, s'il vous plait vous connecter a nouveau
La sessione e scaduta, si prega di accedere di nuovo
Old May 22, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
I have previously combined to Iberia no problem, by using the Iberia Website. However I just tried to do this and I get the same problem others have said. I urgently need to transfer some avios to Iberia to book some seats that are available (but there are only two seats so they could go very quickly!).

Does anyone have a workaround for this yet?
Old May 22, 2024, 12:11 pm

It doesn't work from the BA account side either -- in fact the link to the "combine my avios" for Iberia on the BA site is broken! See the link in the bottom left of the attached screenshot.

Old May 22, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
There appears to be some work going on behind the scenes as I noticed Finnair now appears at the bottom of that page.

Have you tried Avios.com and using the web help form to speak to an agent?
Old May 22, 2024, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex
There appears to be some work going on behind the scenes as I noticed Finnair now appears at the bottom of that page.

Have you tried Avios.com and using the web help form to speak to an agent?
I can't find a Web Help Form...can you point out what I'm missing please? :-)
Old May 22, 2024, 12:57 pm

The links for Qatar and Finnair are both to the https://exchange.shopping.ba.com/partners site -- which doesn't have Iberia :-\
Old May 22, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
I can't find a Web Help Form...can you point out what I'm missing please? :-)
Oh, it appears that has been removed as well.

It seems everything is being centralised away from Avios.com. What a disaster as they haven't even communicated online that there would be system maintenance.
Old May 22, 2024, 1:20 pm

Fortunately I was able to find a kind person on the BA Silver line who was willing and able to manually process my combine my avios transaction. So, I am sorted, but others should be aware that this doesn't seem to work currently when done online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.