Craziest TP runs?

Old May 9, 2024, 10:46 am

You do wonder how niche it is what we do.

I am nowhere as committed as some here. But I am doing GLA-LHR-BOS-LAX-BOS-JFK-LHR-GLA

4 Nights LAX Hilton
4 Nights Hotel Boston

Apart from the outbound to LAX it's all very chilled, last 2 days of the Red Sox season will be enjoyed at Fenway.

In addition looking forward to the QF First Lounge at LAX and the Soho Lounge at JFK.

1360 Tier Points for it and it was £3,800

Am then doing GLA-LHR-PRG 5 nights holiday in J for £500 and 320 to get me to gold.

Sending this from the F Lounge whilst enjoying a Rosť Champagne and a Rum Old Fashioned. Sadly no Negronis today.
Old May 9, 2024, 11:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I've never really done a 'proper' TP run but have took advantage of low fares (pre-covid.)

ARN-DOH-SIN-DOH-ARN in J with a BA return nested in. I've done quite a few ex-DUB trips to LAX but never via JFK as I just wanted to get there in 1 trip. No doubt I missed a few TP's there not going via the east coast but hey ho.

IIRC the QR fare was around £1100 or thereabouts.
Old May 9, 2024, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Just did a very simple (and not at all crazy) run to BSL in J for 80TP. Ticket cost £180. My original outbound was cancelled, so I rebooked for the week after, but because it was a technical issue which caused it, I was able to claim UK261 compensation of £220, so made a profit of £40 on the overall run, as well as getting the TPs. Which meant the effective £/TP rate was £-0.50/TP. Does that count as "crazy"?
frb98mf and omk298 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.