What to wear in First Class

Old Jun 2, 2024, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by GM1985
With profuse apologies if this comes across harshly, but I genuinely could not give a flying wotsit what you wear, in any cabin. It stretches the ability of the English language to express how little I care. And more pity to the few that do pass judgment on what you choose to wear.
Post number 147
Old Jun 2, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
So, does anyone have a valid reason not to wear flip flips on board, beyond the 1/10million risk of an evacuation or rampant snobbery?
Rampant snobbery? In a thread about what to wear in First? On FlyerTalk? <insert HowVeryDareYou.gif>

Typed whilst sat in 1K, wearing First PJ top and jeans, and totally tattooed arms on display (tattooed chest also on display more than I would like - what is it with the ginormous neck opening on First PJs?!)
flarmip likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
What to wear? A charmless sense of entitlement and an old bronze bag tag on a lanyard.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Funny enough, it is shoes and socks that really contribute to bad foot hygiene. Flip flops help, along with washing daily.
There is no shortage of people who don't wash their feet (and elsewhere) properly. Even if they do, after a day of walking around in leather shoes, the odor when they remove their shoes is notable. But's it's far better with flip-flops.

So, does anyone have a valid reason not to wear flip flips on board, beyond the 1/10million risk of an evacuation or rampant snobbery?
Why wear a seatbelt? How often do you really need it?

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
It's not the items, it is the transtion. If you have clean airy feet on the ground, I am happy for you to continue in the air. (Zola Budd)
If you have sweating foot meat on ground, please do not expose it on the plane.
Most people can't tell which category they are i, or just don't care.

Originally Posted by GM1985
With profuse apologies if this comes across harshly, but I genuinely could not give a flying wotsit what you wear, in any cabin. It stretches the ability of the English language to express how little I care. And more pity to the few that do pass judgment on what you choose to wear.
I'd be willing to bet I can find people wearing clothing--or the lack thereof--that most would find incredibly offensive.

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
often? Not if you wash them properly and I do mean properly not just get them wet in the shower/bath.
How many don't? Based on the odors I encounter, quite a few.

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
its strange when people dont complain about filthy nasty shoes being up on surfaces but when someone puts their feet up with/without socks its outrageous odd thought process.
Some complain about both.

Just as they complain about people clipping their nails on a flight or putting on fingernail polish.

Originally Posted by Igene
I'm not sure what plane you've been flying with that much liquid on the floor. At best, a drop or two
A couple of weeks ago, I was boarding a flight and set my Venti Americano down on the center console. The person in the window seat knocked it over. So there was a lovely 16-oz on the floor.

Never been the lavs after a few hours into a flight?

There are also people who accidentally drop something sharp or break something made of glass and portions can remain on the floor. Not a good result when "protected" only by socks.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 1:53 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Chanel No.5
Old Jun 3, 2024, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
Chanel No.5
Please don't wear perfume on a plane. It's always too much and the scents are never nice.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 12:15 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Please don't wear perfume on a plane. It's always too much and the scents are never nice.
I think you need to "chanel" your inner Marilyn Monroe
Old Jun 4, 2024, 12:17 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The feet comments always make me laugh. Most people including those here do not wash properly their hands after taking a dump. Yet I do not see them wearing gloves at all times ….
Old Jun 4, 2024, 1:11 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprngli Connaisseur
I've got a pair of vibram furoshiki shoes that I often wear when flying longhaul. You can chuck them in the wash when they get dirty. They also fit nicely in an old CW shoe bag.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
I typically wear jeans and a button down with vest (todays attire to Boston and will be spotted in the CCR this afternoon ) or a polo with a quarter zip. Will wear shorts if it is hot out. I think it strikes the right balance of comfort and looking decent.

Onboard consists of the PJs top and gym shorts.

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
What to wear? A charmless sense of entitlement and an old bronze bag tag on a lanyard.
Ill occasionally roll around with my Delta Silver tags (bronze equivalent) when on DL. I actually had someone tell me they were wondering how I managed to get an upgrade as a lowly silver on a JFK-LAX flight and wasn't going to mention anything until the FA came around to thank me for being a diamond.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2024, 1:00 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH

​​​​​​If pants, shoes and pyjama are not comfortable, might end like with this British gentleman on JFK-LHR flight this week. So definitely comfortable.
Old Jun 30, 2024, 1:24 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Very bemused by this thread. I still recall as a young lad my mother insisting we (me and my brothers) all wore a suit and tie!
simonsmith likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.