CCR IT Glitch?

Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:49 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
CCR IT Glitch?

Every time I take a LH flight ex T5 my app and online manage booking page displays the CCR as my lounge option.

I usually credit my flights to QF where I hold P1, but this doesnít qualify. So is this a glitch or should I query it at the First Wing later when checking in for SCL?

Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This part of the website does seem to be glitchy and display wrong information. Similar discussion here earlier in the week Can non-status CE use Galleries First in T5?
crazy8534 and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Every time I take a LH flight ex T5 my app and online manage booking page displays the CCR as my lounge option.

I usually credit my flights to QF where I hold P1, but this doesnít qualify. So is this a glitch or should I query it at the First Wing later when checking in for SCL?

I'm entitled to use the CCR on every flight from T5 and it never says I can use it. BA IT has these little quirks, Stockholm Syndrome makes BA frequent flyers feel all is OK when this is the only thing on BA's creaky IT that isn't working.
crazy8534, lhrsfo, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:33 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
The "In the Lounge" functionality within MMB contains so many glitches as to be in reality useless. Incorrect lounge eligibility, wrong 3rd party lounge information or incorrect statements that there is no lounges availability at various airports is common.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:58 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

As per discussion on the other thread, letís see if I can make a case that Iíve been invited

DYKWMAS
- Dont you know what my app says?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC
As per discussion on the other thread, letís see if I can make a case that Iíve been invited

DYKWMAS
- Dont you know what my app says?
Assuming this isnít entirely in jest, please do spare the poor lounge agent the nuisance of having to deal with one more person trying it on. The app is known to be glitchy. Neither your ticket nor your status entitles you to access.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:51 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Operational Upgrade at bag drop. TYSVM

Last edited by sydtogla; Apr 6, 2024 at 11:57 am
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Assuming this isn’t entirely in jest, please do spare the poor lounge agent the nuisance of having to deal with one more person trying it on. The app is known to be glitchy. Neither your ticket nor your status entitles you to access.
"please do spare the poor lounge agent"

Indeed.

"Trying it on"

Trying what on?

"The app is known to be glitchy."

Known by who? A bunch of nerds on the internet? Is it a prerequisite of entry conditions to pay avid attention to an unaffiliated internet forum, rather than what you are told by a formal message from the carrier themselves?

If BA invested efforts in long term investment in such a fundamental part of their infrastructure, instead of relying solely on layers of Polyfilla point solutions built on bit rot & technical debt by those with little, if any, long term experience or skin in the game, they wouldn't repeatedly expose themselves, and their front line staff, to such difficult situations.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Howard Long
Known by who? A bunch of nerds on the internet? Is it a prerequisite of entry conditions to pay avid attention to an unaffiliated internet forum, rather than what you are told by a formal message from the carrier themselves?

If BA invested efforts in long term investment in such a fundamental part of their infrastructure, instead of relying solely on layers of Polyfilla point solutions built on bit rot & technical debt by those with little, if any, long term experience or skin in the game, they wouldn't repeatedly expose themselves, and their front line staff, to such difficult situations.
Known by the OP.

Iím not defending BAís IT by any stretch.

I am suggesting that the OP doesnít become the 20th person that hour to try to blag their way into a lounge they know they donít have access to. And no, most attempts have nothing to do with BAís IT.

Happy that the OpUp solved the issue anyway.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:46 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Known by the OP.

Iím not defending BAís IT by any stretch.

I am suggesting that the OP doesnít become the 20th person that hour to try to blag their way into a lounge they know they donít have access to. And no, most attempts have nothing to do with BAís IT.

Happy that the OpUp solved the issue anyway.
Even if the OpUp didnít solve it I would have 100% asked. This isnít a glitch, itís a loophole. Sloppy by BA and there for the taking by the fortunate few until they bother to circulate a memo about it.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:33 pm

Even if the OpUp didnít solve it I would have 100% asked. This isnít a glitch, itís a loophole. Sloppy by BA and there for the taking by the fortunate few until they bother to circulate a memo about it.

and when they said ďnoĒ which they would, would you then stand there and argue? You sound like you would.
TabTraveller and ajamieson like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 4:43 pm

Yep it's balls. My ordinary J bookings for a non-gold say I can go to the First lounge.

Showed it to the First lounge lady with question, "The app says this but I'm not Gold or in First, it is balls isn't it?" - "yes".
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:04 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DXB2745
and when they said ďnoĒ which they would, would you then stand there and argue? You sound like you would.
No not strongly. I would simply say ĎI know I am not eligible for the CCR but your app is saying that I am invited iní. Then itís a simple choice: they can honour it or not honour it. But Iíd like to know the reason why they are inviting me and not honouring. That is to say, itís their problem not mine.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No not strongly. I would simply say ĎI know I am not eligible for the CCR but your app is saying that I am invited iní. Then itís a simple choice: they can honour it or not honour it. But Iíd like to know the reason why they are inviting me and not honouring. That is to say, itís their problem not mine.
Oddly I have been offered galleries first on MMB in the past.

If you were offered a lounge lower than you knew you were entitled I assume you would obviously follow that as well? Or is this a case of heads I win, tails you loose?
TabTraveller likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:19 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA
Oddly I have been offered galleries first on MMB in the past.

If you were offered a lounge lower than you knew you were entitled I assume you would obviously follow that as well? Or is this a case of heads I win, tails you loose?
Yes and why not? Lounge class earned on the basis of frequent flying is fine. But there isnít a chance I would turn down CCR, Al Safwah, Flagship Dining, La Premiere etc if my airline specific app was exclusively showing me to go there.

I am not ashamed to admit that I like the perks. And although Iím not going to argue my entitlement to enter, I am going to want to know why they wonít let me come in, given that they (that is, the company), have invited me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.