LHR to BOM Advice - Club Suites

Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

LHR to BOM Advice - Club Suites

Hello all,
Looking at booking LHR to BOM (mumbai) on BA Business, however very recently the planes appeared to have changed...BA199 was B787-9, now it is B777-200BA139 is other way round, was B777 now B787BA135 seems to have kept the B787-9... Unsure of which to choose, particularly as Google flights says that in July the BA139 will have "individual suites" i.e. club suites still, despite it potentially being a 787-9... Any ideas?Thanks very much
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Unfortunately it's hard to guarantee club suites on a particular flight. At this stage you should just book the flight with the best timings for you and hope for the best. Aircraft can change right up until boarding.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ShivP
Hello all,
Looking at booking LHR to BOM (mumbai) on BA Business, however very recently the planes appeared to have changed...BA199 was B787-9, now it is B777-200BA139 is other way round, was B777 now B787BA135 seems to have kept the B787-9... Unsure of which to choose, particularly as Google flights says that in July the BA139 will have "individual suites" i.e. club suites still, despite it potentially being a 787-9... Any ideas?Thanks very much
Just quickly looking at EF BA139 seems to be 777 for almost all of July (except for a couple of dates early July when its showing 788) all seem to show CW rather than CS. Perhaps Google is ahead of the game or more possibly off the money.

Either way its likely to be a bit of a gamble as the actual aircraft type/seat is likely to a little volatile I guess.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoNorth
Just quickly looking at EF BA139 seems to be 777 for almost all of July (except for a couple of dates early July when its showing 788) all seem to show CW rather than CS. Perhaps Google is ahead of the game or more possibly off the money.

Either way its likely to be a bit of a gamble as the actual aircraft type/seat is likely to a little volatile I guess.
okay, so it's one of the few remaining 777 without CS?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by ShivP
okay, so it's one of the few remaining 777 without CS?
Looking at BA139 it is a 777 with CS the BA199 is a 788 with CW - apologies too many flights ending in 9 and I had read your original post as saying the aircraft type was the other way round🙈
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:56 am

I fly this route a few times a year. I've flown on all 3 flight numbers and found that the 135 is the worst when it comes to jet lag. It leaves too early to get in a decent sleep.

The 139 or the 199 is the way to go. Either stay awake for the entire flight and sleep on arrival at midnight, or sleep on the flight and arrive at mid-day feeling fine.

I'd pick the flight based on the timings rather than the seat. The difference between the old CW seat and the CS is not worth the jet lag

The 199 is my preferred.
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by mrandery
I fly this route a few times a year. I've flown on all 3 flight numbers and found that the 135 is the worst when it comes to jet lag. It leaves too early to get in a decent sleep.

The 139 or the 199 is the way to go. Either stay awake for the entire flight and sleep on arrival at midnight, or sleep on the flight and arrive at mid-day feeling fine.

I'd pick the flight based on the timings rather than the seat. The difference between the old CW seat and the CS is not worth the jet lag

The 199 is my preferred.
I used to fly to DEL when there was a flight that arrived at about 0400 - it was a real challenge to transition time zones. Ive managed to get reasonable sleep in both CW and CS seats and have both booked in the future. As you say the there are a mix of factors that need to be considered👍 Hope you get it sorted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.