Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

NY Times: BA's Flying with Confidence Class for Nervous Flyers

Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

There is a good and interesting article on the first page of nytimes.com today (April 2, 2024) regarding BA's Flying with Confidence class. https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/02/t...h-airways.html
The program is led by a BA pilot and is intended to help nervous flyers get back in the air with confidence or at least less distress. I had no idea this class existed. I am sure no FT'er needs this class but it seems like a really great idea. Cost is $508 and it includes a short flight at the end of class. Departs and arrives back at LHR.
The site has paywall but I believe anyone can access a few articles free per month.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:39 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Its been running for many, many years.

https://flyingwithconfidence.com
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:19 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Traveler
. I am sure no FT'er needs this class but it seems like a really great idea.
Why ?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Why ?
if only the flight offered TP
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Traveler
There is a good and interesting article on the first page of nytimes.com today (April 2, 2024) regarding BA's Flying with Confidence class. https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/02/t...h-airways.html
The program is led by a BA pilot and is intended to help nervous flyers get back in the air with confidence or at least less distress. I had no idea this class existed. I am sure no FT'er needs this class but it seems like a really great idea. Cost is $508 and it includes a short flight at the end of class. Departs and arrives back at LHR.
The site has paywall but I believe anyone can access a few articles free per month.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...rfriendly.html
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:36 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
if only the flight offered TP
Longhaul in F TPs if not Im not going!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:01 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
EasyJet run something similar too.

Its good BA continue to offer this. It must be pretty marginal financially but all the reviews I have seen are positive.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:38 am

As long as it doesn't end up like this:
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My wife did a US Air program (obviously years ago) in LGA. 6 classes at the airport. Started with sitting in the airport away from any aircraft, Then in the gate area, walking on the jetway and finally a flight of 30 minutes. At that time walking into the cockpit was allowed Not everyone made it through the class. My wife was a long term flyer before and then suddenly turned due a family emergency while she was away and had to fly home. In short, although there was some general unease, she did overcome the fear. Bad news is that she only turns left on the plane now... Guess that is what miles are for

People in the class were everything from grandmothers wanting to see their grandkids to aeronautical engineers that couldn't even drive to the airport to see aircraft in situ. A real range and not anything was stereotypical

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.