Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to upgrade my FAO-LCY BA reward ticket to Club Europe at some point?

Is it possible to upgrade my FAO-LCY BA reward ticket to Club Europe at some point?

Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:45 am
Original Poster

So I bought two tickets FAO-LCY for September using miles and there was no reward availability for business class. At the moment, it says upgrades are not available.

Is it possible at any moment for upgrades to open on this ticket? I still have a ton of miles to use.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Occasionally paid upgrades appear on the app/website for reward bookings. If reward availability came up you could change it for the difference in Avios but I think it'd be cheaper to cancel and rebook depending on the cash element you paid.
pampa likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

I paid 2 dollars (or Euros, I forgot)

I did not know I could cancel it, though.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by pampa
I paid 2 dollars (or Euros, I forgot)

I did not know I could cancel it, though.
You can cancel any avios booking up to 24 hours before the flight; if the amount of cash you paid is less than the cancellation fee you just forfeit the cash you paid. You can keep checking to see if CE reward availability opens up, if it does just call in to BAEC and they can collect the additional avios and rebook you in CE. If reward availability does not open up you can hope for proactive online upgrade (POUG) as noted above, or ask if there are any airport upgrades (AUP) when checking in on the day of flight. POUGs and AUPs are upgrades with cash.
Pro-active Online Upgrade (POUG) tracking and discussion | 2024 thread
Airport Upgrades (AUP) promotion 2024 thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.