1900 Tier Points in 5 Days

Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
The OP indicated the the days he wishes to travel as 3rd April - 8th April. If those are dates I would not use BA holidays double tier point. Few issues to consider. If flight leaves on the 3rd but the last flight arrives on the 4th then the hotel or car hire has to be from the 4th. Some of the suggestions especially the long trip ones will be most likely this. Some of the examples above might not have all flight segments as BA flight number and given that the timeframe the OP will need to book, there is no guarantee that the OP will find all the segments with BA flight numbers. IF it is not a BA flight number in the booking then it won't count as double.
So if BA holiday booking required I would plan it at least from the 31st March so even if I arrive to my destination after the first leg on the 1st April at least I can have my last flight on the 6th or 7th April. I would also say that if the OP fully understand the rules of BA holiday double tier and the calculation is correct then it should be ok, however the OP has to prepare to call BA after the flights and the double tier get posted around mid April as I bet computer says no for GGL.
If the OP books flights only trip, then also make sure fully understand which partner airlines what cabin post how much tier to BA, plus the possibility that tier point get posted late, etc, etc and call to BA might be necessarily. to avoid from that OP should only book BA flights, I understand it would be very difficult to earn 1900 with that restriction.
If the OP can't fly before the 3rd April then forget BA holiday as it would be too close to cut off date, etc, etc. Good luck it, will be a gamble and the OP can loose even if that is not likely but I can see situations where disruptions, delays cancellations lottery also play a huge element. Many people fav BA holiday destination is OTP but the last BA flight on the day arrives at 23:00-23:15 as scheduled however just check how many times arrived late after midnight, then goes to the explanation with a late night hotel employee to make sure that the check in date is set back for the previous day. Is it doable yes, but there is a risk if that employee has no clue how to do it, etc, etc. Then your double tier is might be over.
So only start if you understand the risk and even spending 10-12K might not lead to GGL.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:38 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by Stevejh
Thank you for the advice - it is a tall order! I need to do it from the 3rd to the 8th of April - I'm currently on 3100 TP so this would get me the next tier and lifetime gold. and also because of the change in collection year it would give me the same status next year - so quite a challenge but quite a prize. the only way I can see now is to fly somewhere like Minneapolis first class for 5 days and stay in a hotel on a BA holiday. Then take three AA flights a day for 60 TP each. They wouldn't be part of the 'holiday' as far as I can see but combined those would get me the points. I think that entire run would cost be 10-12k as far as I can see.
Dates are unfortunate as there is a total eclipse on the 8th in US and many people will be travelling if the last one was anything to go by
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by pinkcat
Dates are unfortunate as there is a total eclipse on the 8th in US and many people will be travelling if the last one was anything to go by
plus Easter in the other end of the dates.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by pinkcat
Off topic but thanks for the heads up! We'll be landing into PHX just before that area is due to see about a ~65% eclipse. Fun stuff!
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Stevejh
Thank you for the advice - it is a tall order! I need to do it from the 3rd to the 8th of April - I'm currently on 3100 TP so this would get me the next tier and lifetime gold. and also because of the change in collection year it would give me the same status next year - so quite a challenge but quite a prize. the only way I can see now is to fly somewhere like Minneapolis first class for 5 days and stay in a hotel on a BA holiday. Then take three AA flights a day for 60 TP each. They wouldn't be part of the 'holiday' as far as I can see but combined those would get me the points. I think that entire run would cost be 10-12k as far as I can see.
Wish you luck on your quest, but a quick note on Minneapolis - whilst I love the place, it doesnt have many AA flights per day, so you wont have many alternative flights if schedule gets stuffed (Delta hub), doesnt have an AA lounge, airport will be heaving with family spring break travel, and April is odd in that it could snow one day and be summery the next day.

Great place to live, not really a tourist place and/or ideal for non-Delta tier running.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
12k for ggl, are you crazy?
And/or extremely wealthy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.