Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You can't get better than a Kwik Fit fitter... BA662 LHR- LCA

You can't get better than a Kwik Fit fitter... BA662 LHR- LCA

Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald

You can't get better than a Kwik Fit fitter... really?
A couple of my colleagues are on this flight today, one of whom has a reputation that whenever he flies there is always some minor drama
Today it is a puncture...

It appears they are topping up with fuel. The pilots have timed out so new ones coming.
HIDDY, KARFA, crazy8534 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by golfmad; Feb 15, 2024 at 9:08 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Feb 15, 2024, 7:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
I spent a thrilling (genuinely ) 3 hrs watching AA staff with the engine cowlings of our 789 open, lots of comings and goings and scratching of foreheads.
Less amused when the flight was canned but hey-ho, what can you do...
If you have a window seat it can be something interesting anyway.
The most upsetting part for me was hearing how brilliantly the AA CK passenger was looked after in the seat behind me with regular calls and updates and eventually a new BP for another flight before anyone else was even told we had been cancelled.
ttama likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:45 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I spent a thrilling (genuinely ) 3 hrs watching AA staff with the engine cowlings of our 789 open, lots of comings and goings and scratching of foreheads.
Less amused when the flight was canned but hey-ho, what can you do...
If you have a window seat it can be something interesting anyway.
The most upsetting part for me was hearing how brilliantly the AA CK passenger was looked after in the seat behind me with regular calls and updates and eventually a new BP for another flight before anyone else was even told we had been cancelled.
They clearly knew who HE was!
crazy8534, ttama and lorcancoyle like this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Related to this, I am currently booked into 12D on the return 663 which is showing an ETD of 10:00.

12E/F became no longer available for selection in MMB and have been showing as blocked in EF along with the entire row 11 (curtain aft of row 10) among others for the past few days. If it was a theoretical seating block for me as Gold my understanding is that it would still show as available for selection to me.

If I can I'd quite like to get some rest on this one given the delayed arrival - am I being overly optimistic that these are being blocked for other (e.g. trim) reasons, given it appears ET isn't fully sold, and that there's a reasonable likelihood I might get a row to myself?

Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:14 am

And for anyone else affected on the return, it's now showing a re-route to LGW given the night flight restrictions at LHR...
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Mekko
And for anyone else affected on the return, it's now showing a re-route to LGW given the night flight restrictions at LHR...
Mmm interesting now showing as landing at 0037 into Heathrow. Theres no actual embargo on night flights for emergencies BA can land and depending on the scenario will depend how much of an arse kick and penalty they get.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Mmm interesting now showing as landing at 0037 into Heathrow. Theres no actual embargo on night flights for emergencies BA can land and depending on the scenario will depend how much of an arse kick and penalty they get.
Yes, it's been showing that for a while, before the LGW switch was announced (over email and SMS, despite it saying to keep an eye on the flight status page which has never shown LGW).

I assume they can weave a quick LGW-LHR hop into the schedule during tomorrow morning without too much disruption, and the relative cost of coaching pax is therefore worth their while.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Mekko
its been cancelled
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Magnus77
its been cancelled
Interesting as the outbound is about 35 minutes away from Larnaca.

Guess the aircraft (G-TNEA) will overnight in LCA tonight and head back in the morning.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 12:04 pm

Showing as cancelled on my BAEC home page, but think this might be an IT glitch due to the LGW re-route, as it still looks to be operating everywhere else and the deskers confirmed the same; crew just arrived at the airport.

Ive decided to take the extra 60 TPs in J for 333 as it appears to be 261 claimable (generally dont like claiming for something safety related like this so win-win in my view).
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA, VS
Well on the way back 'home', just crossed the Croatian border. Will be interesting to see where it ends up, LHR or LGW.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I'm sure BA would do the same for their GGLs on BA services. Or not
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
thats not correct. BA cannot just unilaterally decide to land at LHR post 2329 unless approval is given by Heathrow Airport Limited. They can ask permission but if there is no other disruption at the airport and it is only 1 shorthaul flight AND its as late as 0030, theres a high chance HAL have said no.
its not about paying money or being fined.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by surryson
thats not correct. BA cannot just unilaterally decide to land at LHR post 2329 unless approval is given by Heathrow Airport Limited. They can ask permission but if there is no other disruption at the airport and it is only 1 shorthaul flight AND its as late as 0030, theres a high chance HAL have said no.
its not about paying money or being fined.
Yes they can, if they want to use their noise points quota for it. Dispensation is only required if theyre claiming disruption relief with no points. Of course theyll also need to find staff willing to stay on to handle it.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Landed at Gatwick 00.34.
ttama likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.